Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 12:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Hello Everyone!
Welcome sweet Pea..a Rose by any other name...
Actually Orang, it's today..the thread started after midnight Eastern (annd was started by an Aussie, for whom it was probably early evening at the time )
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 13:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Sweet Pea, you'll like it here. Everyone is so kind and we really care about each other (I know -- I've been on the receiving end for a while).

On the Dark Side, I'm known as Gradycat. I do post there from time to time, mostly on the Playground if I have a question that needs to be answered quickly. There is so much traffic over there, your questions are sure to be answered fairly quickly.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 13:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/198/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 48%

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 14:25

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good afternoon.

welcome sweat pea. i found this site first and have not wandered to "the dark side" actually i don't even know what site that is...

song-- i make my jam sugar free. you can get the sugar free pectin. i made strawberry last year and the strawberries were so sweet i didn't even add any sweetner. by the way, where did you get the berries this time of year??

bawdy-- have you figured out what to do with your chicken??
what i said before was to go in the oven, not on top.

sasquatch-- happy birthday

shrubie-- a salty dinner will cause me to be up in lbs the next day. i also use parma and spices to coat my chicken sometimes, but instead of egg i dip in garlic butter first. then bake in oven...yumm

gotta get back to work!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 16:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/198/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in. Thanks again. I really appreciated being welcomed with open arms.

I'vew been snooping in your journals to try to get to know you all a little better and I have to tell you Bawdy, that I think you are incredibley strong. I don't know if I would be able to handle the same situation as you have. Prayers of continued strength going your way. There's one saying I saw on this board and I think it rings true...He brought you to it and He will see you through it! Take care.

I have been ON plan all day!! I have been "living" in the bathroom, though, lol.
Got my 3 liters of water down and trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Oldest son has a game tonight. I may just have some tuna salad on a bed of romaine.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 16:28

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i have to say i am happy to see this thread make it to page 2. we have not done that in a while now!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 17:06

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Song- All our families live in Utah and will be there from the 22nd thru the 30th. Will be in West Weber, which is just west of Ogden. We are the only ones who have ever moved away. Just imagine, DH and me, 5 of our kids, and one dog, in one mini-van for 26 hours of driving. Can you call me insane???!!!

Carrie - ooh, sounds fun! We've done 5 kids and a dog for 12 hrs. We usually have a dvd player for the kids along with walkmans. I live about 45 min away in Brigham City. Hey, if you want to meet somewhere for a diet coke, let me know!

SweetPea - Welcome! I'm kind of new around here too. This is a great bunch, I've learned a lot from them.

Acipenser - I didn't actually make the jam, they already had it made, I just put it into jars. I guess they had the berries trucked in. I'm not sure where they came from. Can you share your recipe for sugar free jam? I tried making some once, and it wasn't good.

Orang - Mmm, my son just gave me a bite of bread with the blackberry jam on it. It was yummy! I might just hoard it all for when I'm on maintance!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 17:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

The chicken. Tasty, but it looked like green scum on the top.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 17:45

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, maybe you should have held on to the green protein powder, you could have made a side dish
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 19:07
Registered Member

Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone. I'm really tired tonight and I think I'll head off to bed early. Everyone have a great night!