Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 06:44

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Thursday - Jan 22

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 06:59

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi. I won't be much fun today. Phaedra passed during the night. I woke up just in time to spend the last 5 minutes with her and stroke her as she went. I took her to the vet for cremation this morning. I can pick up the ashes in a couple weeks.

#3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 07:39

BF:

........................................... .......

While I am saddened that Pheadra has passed, I'm glad that she had a long and happy life with you and your hubby and that she passed in her own home with her family at her side.

Kathy, try to get some serious rest today - you've been living with little sleep since Sunday while caring for Phaedra. You and hubby are in my prayers.

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Jan-22-04 at 07:48.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 08:12

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Bawdy.....so sorry for your loss.

I haven't been around much lately, with DH out of town (again!), work, school, etc. Food wise all is well. Now, I have got to make a committment to get back to the gym!! I was actually looking into Curves, but their hours are insane.....they close at 7:30pm!! Guess I will stick with Bally's for now.

I don't know if anyone has seen these, but Dannon has a LC yogurt!! It has 3 carbs per 4 oz cup serving. There are 4 flavores - raspberries and cream, strawberry, peach, and vanilla. I tried the raspberry.....very good!! They are lowfat also. This is the lowest I have seen any flavored yogurt carb wise.

Have a good day all!

Robin
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 10:15

BF:

My menu was good yesterday - a little low on carbs but my ketosis seems to be staying within the safe range. I was really hungry yesterday, but made myself stick out the day with what I had planned (well except for the 2 extra ozs of pork loin)

Total calories: 1578
Fat: 86 gms 775 cal 51%
Sat: 27 gms 243 cal 16%
Poly: 21 gms 192 cal 13%
Mono: 31 gms 276 cal 18%
Carbs: 33 gms 92 cal 6% ECC:23 gms
Fiber: 10 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 166 gms 663 cal 43%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Snack:
1 oz cashews

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 T mayo
1 cup Spinach Salad

Dinner:
8 ozs broiled pork loin (fat not eaten)
1 cup tomato - parmesan bake
1.5 cup LC mixed veggies with 1 t butter

About 110 ozs water & 12 ozs coffee

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Jan-22-04 at 12:08.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 10:21

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Bawdy I am sadden by your loss.

My weigh in day was today...I lost another 5 lbs making my total 25 since I started on the 1st of Jan.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:01

BF:

Robin:
Glad to see you. Thanks for the heads up on yogurt.

Smoothblu:

25 lbs ! ! !
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:13

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}, so glad you got to say goodbye

Blu, that's wonderful!!!!!!

I am super busy at work today so just wanted to pop in and catch up.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:18

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

{{{{{{{Kathy}}}}}}} I am so sorry My thoughts are with you today.

Blu - WTG!!!!! AWSOME job!

Robin - Good to see you post again

Orang - How do you fix your pork loin? I am thinking about trying to cook one in my rotissere but not sure on the seasonings or marinade
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/148/145 Female 68 inches
BF:24
Progress: 80%

So very sorry to hear about Pheadra, my heart goes out to you Bawdy.

And Congradulations on the weight loss, smoothblu, thats fantastic!

I'm watching my 2 yr old grandson today (I watch him every thurs). He is such a busy guy. We have a good time, but boy am I wore out by evening.

This is my 4th day restarting PP, I'm doing great. This is a lot easier than WW. I was always starving on that plan. On PP I'm full.
I also am making an effort not to eat atleast 2-3 hrs before bed. Snacking at night has always been my downfall. I think just holding to that may help.

Everyone have a great day, and take care.

Linda
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 11:54

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

GM E1!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy- So very sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I'm very sure she was comforted in her passing by knowing that she was a very loved and cherished pet.

Blu- WTG on the 25 pounds. That must feel so great! I can't wait to get to that point!

Linda- I know exactly how you feel after watching a 2 yr old. I have a 3 yr old at home, but unlike you...LOL I have to watch her everyday! She's being a little turkey these days. She won't stay at playschool unless I stay with her, and it's cutting out my gym time.

Orang- Thank you so much for continuing to post your menus. It really is a help to me. I'm becoming very interested in percentages after seeing some talk about it here. I never really paid much attention to it before, but now I'm going to and see if I'm losing better at certain levels than others.

A big hello to Robin, Ellie, and Ewinpa and hope that e1 is doing great! I'm in kind of a funk today. I haven't felt like eating much the last couple of days and yesterday I literally almost gagged on supper trying to shove it down. After the third or fourth attempt, I just gave up. My menus are already becoming boring. I scoured the grocery store yesterday looking for new things to eat. NOTHING!!!!! I did try some new recipes but nothing tasted that appealing to me. I'm going to be searching for some more to try and try to make a concentrated effort on varying my menu. I think I may try upping my carbs slightly to allow for more variety. I'm looking at this as a life time committment, so its not that I'm in a huge rush to lose weight (although that would be nice too), but as long as my blood sugar stays in range, I'm happy! Why is it that I could eat a doughnut everyday, but the thought of another egg gags me? LOL
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:13

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Just popped in on my lunch hr. So sorry about Phaedra, Kathy. She certainly was a loved and well cared for pet!! And at least her suffering has passed. NOW GET SOME REST!!
Blu...AWESOME JOB!!!!
Don't know if I'll get back on tonight...too much to do around her and exercise class after work!!
Everyone have a great day!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:18

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thanks everyone....It's pretty exciting. I'm half way to my first goal of 50 lbs. Which came about because of the challenge I joined. The second goal will be 25 lbs. I have a long way to go and don't expect it to come off this fast forever. But I sure like it.....

Thanks once again.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:38

BF:

Ellie
I buy a whole or half pork loin and have it sliced (about 1" thick). I season with seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder. I have used lemon pepper, cajun seasoning, italian seasoning mix & seasoned salt, and poultry seasoning - all are good on pork. Just sprinkle both sides of chops liberally and let it set for about 15 min before broiling.

I also cook chops in cream of mushroom soup or brown gravy sometimes (that works better in a dutch oven on top of the stove)

If you plan to roast it whole, you will need to let it marinade about 24 hours to get the flavor to soak in. I have used italian dressing or french onion soup mix (add some olive oil) in the past as marinade. This is my old WW marinade recipe:
/4 cup vermouth
2 cloves garlic -- minced
3 tablespoons artificial
sweetener
1 teaspoon worcestershire
sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons rosemary --
fresh, finely chopped

It does seem to be too carby for use now (might want to sub LC ketchup)

Char:
Glad the daily posting of my menu helps - I really appreciated seeing these when I was getting started and now this practice helps keep me on track.

Linda:
Sounds like you are doing great - hope you can outlast the 2 yo. I kept one for a week recently - it was quite an experience.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 12:42

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Linda - evening snacking is a big problem for me. I am a nocturnal eater I am so good during the day but as soon as the sun goes down it is over.

Char - It is very important that you vary your menus so you don't get bored with food. We can help with recipes if you like. I am more in maintenance levels so my carbs are higher than when I am trying to lose.

Hi Deb Today is my gym day as well.

Yesterday's menu:

B - Atkins Rasin bagel w/cream cheese, coffee w/H&H

L - 8 chili lime chicken wings w/LC BBQ sauce, 2-3 cups mixed salad greens w/ a sprinkle of almond accents $ lite blasamic vinegar dressing

S - 44 oz diet pepsi, 1 oz pumpkin seeds, 2 RS SF mint patties

D - 2 baked pork chops coated w/shake & bake (ate the fat ), 1 cup mixed veggies in alfredo sauce

S - 1/2 cup SF butter almond ice cream