Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 15:53
Going down....

Plan: LC
Stats: 213/192/155 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Tuesday

Late start, won't get in a double work out like I like...had to run errands this morning and HAD to cuddle Nick a bit while he was sleeping....

PM WO:
40 Min Sculpt Step aerobics w/4# weights
8 Min Arms w/mixed 4 & 10# weights

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Dec-15-04 at 08:32.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 08:36
Going down....

BF:
Default Wednesday

I believe this post is going to get me my third lobster. Got an ok night's sleep, could've been better, but I think at least I'll have the ambition to work out.

AM WO:
The Firm: Sculpting
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms

PM WO:
DA Step Aerobics
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms

Nick should nap in about an hour and I will get started....

**Editing....Nick didn't nap ealier after all. So getting a late start. Going to make some changes. Switching Firm Cardio Burn to DA Step Aerobics....

**Darn TOM is here and I am having a terrible time with the WO. I feel fine otherwise, but I am struggling with the work outs, just fumbling through them....Oh, well. Still working up a sweat and still getting them done.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Dec-15-04 at 14:15.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 12:09
Going down....

BF:
Default Thursday

UGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, all of my hard work is in vain!!! Took my measurements today. Not a single flippin' inch. Not even a quarter of an inch!!! I thought I lost in my biceps, but then I realized if I move the tape measure slightly in one direction or the other, it's the original measurement!

I mean, I like working out, probably more than the "average" person, but it still makes me wonder why bother when there is not a "bleepin" thing to show for it! Not losing weight is one thing, but to add this is like adding insult to injury or whatever that dumb saying is. Oh, I could scream!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I keep telling myself ONE OF THESE DAYS my body will settle back down. And then I will have the advantage of being in the habit of working out. Please God, let it be soon!

Still struggling with my WO today. Feel so sluggish, fat, bloated, crampy, you name it. Makes it hard to lug 200+ pounds through the air....

WO:
45 Min step aerobics
8 Min Arms
8 Min Abs

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Thu, Dec-16-04 at 17:29.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 18:56
Going down....

BF:
Talking ~~~~2005~~~~

2005 ULTIMATE GOALS

Okay, I am going to make that big so I can easily find it and use it as a reference point throughout the year. I figure page 5 (for 2005) of my gym log will be a whole lot easier to come back to than finding some random page in my journal.

I am probably worse than anyone for wanting a "quick fix" to my weight problem . I think primarily because I was so close to goal before getting pregnant and now I am worse off than ever in my life. I want this weight gone NOW.

However, I know that is not going to happen . To keep myself sane and balanced, I have decided to aim for a minimum of a 1.5 pound loss per week. I am going to make a little "chart" to show where I should be at by the end of each month. At the end of each month, I will come back to this page and note my progress. With a little bitty amount like 1.5 pounds per week (I'll round down even and say 6 pounds per month), there should be no excuse what so ever to not be at my goal by next year.
So here goes....
January 212-206
February 206-200
March 200-194
April 194-188
May 188-182
June 182-176
July 176-170
August 170-164
September 164-158
November 158-152
December 152-146

WOW!! Could that work out any closer?!?! My final goal is 145 and at 6#/month, I would be at 146 by next year. And I rounded each month down to 4 weeks instead of 4.5 weeks. Soooooo, therefore, I want to be able to come back to this page monthly, and especially at the start of 2006 and see that I am right at my goal (or under!!!!).

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Sun, Jan-02-05 at 20:41.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 15:30
Going down....

BF:

Wish I could say I am starting off with a bang...but it's more like a sputter. I am just not motivated, even though I have every reason in the world to be.

I did a pathetic work out and struggled through it.

DA 20 min step aerobics
8 min arms
8 min abs

I really, really hope I have more ambition tommorow.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 14:44
Going down....

BF:

Feeling a little more energetic today. Ok, a lot more. Got a decent work out in. On a scale of 1-10, a 7. Not bad considering yesterday was maybe a 3. I am feeling a bit dehydrated. Will guzzle some water after wo #2. I'll have just a few sips before so I don't get cramps.

25 min DA Step Aerobics
25 min " " "
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 10:19
Going down....

BF:
Default Friday

Forgot to add this in yesterday:
DA Step and Sculpt 40 min

Not the best. I had really hoped to step up the work outs my last week home, but it just didn't work out. I had also wanted to commit to 8 Min Abs and Arms every day, but have totally been slacking. Which is silly because they are not that hard and I feel really good after doing them. So I will have to make more of an effort to at least squeeze those 2 in.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 15:23
Going down....

BF:
Default Sunday

40 Min step aerobics

**Please, please let this work out throw me into deep ketosis!!! Along with my lack of carbs today!!!
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 12:04
Going down....

BF:

2005 Ultimate Goals---Revised!!!!!! ( )

Darn it anyhow!! I couldn't even keep with my "fool proof" plan!! However, I will not let that deter me. I will just up the stakes, and start over. What else can I do!?

Goal for end of February~210*
**Playing it safe, giving myself some leeway....THEN DOWN TO BUSINESS!

GOALS
March ~200
April~192
May~184
June~176
July~168
Aug~160
September~152
October~144

That leaves November and December, the holiday months, to maintain!!!

I have "upped the stakes" so to speak, and increased my expected weight loss to 2# per week instead of 1.5#. I don't think that is the least bit unreasonable...but we will see what my body has to say.
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 15:39
Going down....

BF:
Default Saturday

40 min step aerobics
8 min arms, abs
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-05, 10:14
Going down....

BF:

40 min step aerobics
8 min arms 2x
8 min abs 2x

**I know without a doubt, if I hope to see any weight loss, exercise is going to play just as big of a part as carb count....
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 16:30
Going down....

BF:

I am really hoping that I have exercised since my last post and that I just didn't write it in!!!!

Sat and Sun
DA 20 min Step Aerobics
  #73   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 09:22
Going down....

BF:
Default Where Oh Where Do I Begin!?!?!?!?!

To make a long story short (and to cut my computer time in half) here goes....

Was so looking forward to summer vacation--got a sinus infection--went to the dr for the first time since my pp-check-up. Horrible, rotten, crushing news. My bathroom scale is off. WAY OFF. I now weigh **gulp & shudder** 224.5. I weighed 226 5 days before I went into labor. I don't know how this happened, I really don't. I know I am not the first person to have the unpleasant experience of finding out their scale was off. But it's crushing all the same.

My game plan is simple. Strict lc with a lot of excersing. So here I am posting in my gym log. I intend to be physically active as possible, even if that just means scrubbing the floor. So this will be my last lengthy post for a while.

~DAILY GOALS~

Nick's morning nap:
30 min step aerobics
8 min arms

Nick's afternoon nap:
Power 90 Sculpt
8 min abs

EVERY DAY!!!!! With the exception of being out of town. And when/if the weather ever cooperates, I will add a 3 mile morning walk with Nick in by backpack (just like I used to do with Zack).
[COLOR=DarkRed]

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Tue, Jun-14-05 at 13:57.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 11:30
Going down....

BF:

Ok, so I have been staying off the computer, but things have been going well. A break down of my day....

Been trying to stick to <1,500 cals and <20 carbs. I have been doing pretty well with it. I did have a carb blow out on Sun when we had our Memorial Day picnic, but I knew I would.

I have also been working out 2x/day. Usually for an hour plus each time. The weather finally cooperated yesterday and I walked 4 miles. Only got one mile in today before it started raining (actually, got about 3/4 m in and got a tad wet).

So, that will be the story of my summer. Super lc, and hopefully super high activity. I want people to do a double take when I go back to work in the fall.....
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-05, 08:53
Going down....

BF:

Our computer crashed almost 2 weeks ago and we just got it back. I have been using Fitday religiously and boy did I miss it!!!!

This weather SUCKS!!! I swear it has been raining for nearly a month straight. There was about a week where I snuck in 2-4 miles of walking between sprinkles. Not the case today or yesterday. Last Thurs I was down to 214.5. Not great since I thought I was starting out at 212, but pretty good considering it was about 10# gone. After an out of town weekend with nothing but eating out, back up to 217. Blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack has a friend over today, so it's a little difficult to get a workout in, no privacy, and I can't send them outside....Back on track tommorow with working out, I swear. I am going to sneak into the bedroom and at least do the 8 Min Abs and Arms workouts. They shouldn't miss me for that amount of time.

Current plan:Induction until the end of the month. Hopefully the meat/egg fast for a few days. I did it last week for 3 days, but TOM came and I didn't see much difference. Maybe the timing was off....

Ok, so the idea of writing in the gym log was to focus on exercise, which I did NOT do with this post at all!

Will squeeze in 8 Min Abs & Arms despite the company!!!

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Tue, Jun-14-05 at 13:59.