Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 15:02

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default LCing - the second/third/etc. time around

Hi all,
I was just wanting some opinions/experiences on this. I've been LCing since Jan 2002 off and on. It worked pretty well the first time around (until the end of last year) then I went off for a few months because of family stress. I came back on GO Diet the end of Jan of this year and so far I'm very pleased with the results. IT seems LCing is working even better for me the second time around. I literally feel like my cravings have been totally reduced and I can even incorporate LC sweets and not have triggers. Also, even though I don't weigh myself I do measure myself and I see in my clothes that the weight is really going down pretty steadily (and the first month I had a pretty big weight loss, about 2 1/2 inches in the waist which is very rare for me because I've made my body stubborn with 20+ years of yo-yo dieting ).

So I'm just wondering if for anyone who has been off LCing for a time and then came back on - did you find it worked better for you the second/third/etc. time you went on it? I'm not just talking about weight only, but other health issues, energy, cravings, etc.

Tam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 17:48
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Interesting question. I cannot wait to see what people have to say.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 11:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/195/112
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi...great thread!!! ....This is probably my...hmmmm...third or fourth time...I think the biggest difference this time is the mindset....(I am more successfull this time)....plus the amount of information and products available are really incredible!!!....also...i decided to have *fun* this time to make it WOL and make it an adventure for life etc etc....thats not to say that I havent had my moments...I swear I had one day....(laughs at self)....where I could see only the 300 lb woman....(287 was my highest weight ever)....was bawling like a baby...BF didnt know what to do....*lol*...but this time when i get the cravings etc...and yes i KNOW i am a food addict just like the alcoholic/drug addict....two things i do....first think in terms of what is the LC equivalent...and is this food stuff i want really WORTH IT...and the answer is always always NO...of course sometimes i come away feeling drained and exhausted cause it is a battle but i always know how much better i will feel...YIKES...back to original question... ...this time is better for me because of maturity..stregnth...positive and openmindedness....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 11:36
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Me too

Softmoon said it well.

This is my 4th time, Each time I retried I got better and better doing the low carb. I've been on Induction for 25 days now and I don't think I'm stopping. I don't feel deprived at all.

First the positive: By being on a low carb diet before you know what works and doesn't work. You know your weaknesses and your cravings. So you can prepare yourself for them. You don't get so frantic.

The negative: You won't lose weight as fast and you need to lower your carbs even more... at first... to get the weight going. Also you need to extend your induction or stay on the plan you are on much longer before you do lose, your body expects you to go off the diet. It takes more convincing.

More good news: The Health benifits come back as soon as you start low carbing. More energy, depression/anxiety lessens, asthma goes away (make sure you have no food allergies), you go into Ketosis relatively easy, and the appetite surpression appears, however in me it wasn't as strong as before.

I hoped I answered some of your questions.
Welcome back!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 15:49

Plan: Atkins/my own
Stats: 240/237/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who did great the first time (35 lbs. in 4 1/2 mos), then getting back on it, the weight just does not want to come off. I figure as long as I'm losing, it's a positive thing, but sometimes I get really discouraged.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 16:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

This is my second time on Atkins, and I'm finding that I have to do ALOT more "tweaking" to lose at a decent pace this time. Last time my body literally melted like butter in a pan, the pounds and inches flew off almost effortlessly. Why oh why did I ever stop?? Live and learn I guess.