Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 12:51

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%
Default if i dream it is it true?

I have not cheated since I started. Not one bit! And believe me, there have been temptations right under my nose!! Then last night I had a very vivid dream. I was pigging out on ice cream, cookies, and chocolate truffles. In the dream I was on the diet, and knew I was cheating, and felt terrable about it but couldn't stop. It tasted WONDERFUL, by the way. Now that I am awake I am having some pretty powerful cravings, the first in 5 weeks!! But I will be strong and just hope that if I am dreaming, it is not really happening!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 12:55

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

hehehehe

Trust me.....those things you dreamed about....don't taste near as good as you remember them. And NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels.

Good job on hanging in there so far. Go have yourself a nice steak and celebrate not giving into the sugar monster
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Isn't it amazing? Your body chemistry is SOOOOOO SNEAKY it even invades your dreams and tries to get you to give it carbs for fuel because they are so much less work than fats and proteins. Ketosis means the body must work harder to change fat to fuel. It takes MUCH less energy to convert carbs to energy by using insulin and store the excess as FAT! No wonder the lazy chemistry wants us to go back to carbs. So it makes visions of sugar and starcha nd fast foods dance in our heads, and in your case, in our DREAMS!

Good for you for recognizing it. If you get cravings for sweets, immediately stuff some proetein in your mouth! No craving can survive a dose of protein & fat.

#4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 11:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 325/243/150
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Good for you

Congratulations on your willpower!

Just wondering. . . I tend to crave sweets during my TOM. Could that be connected to the dream.

I have never really dreamed of food but recently I dreamed I ate a piece of cheesecake from a favorite restaurant in a city I haven't lived in in years. With one bite left (in the dream), I realized I had gone off the LC WOE.

I do have not deviated. Not one bite. My carbs might rise on a day here and there but never too high to be off this WOE.

Thanks for sharing the dream. Gave me a nice laugh.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 22:26

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Well the cravings went away. And I didn't cheat. To answer the TOM question, yes, i usually have cravings at that time, but it is not that time yet.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 21:24
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

*L* I have variations on that dream often, except I don't remember tasting the food - it's just the "freaking out" over the loss of control.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Default Dreaming

I believe that when you dream about food - your body is craving something it really needs. For me, it indicates that I haven't eaten enough that day. Sometimes I just get bored on Atkins so I can undereat if I am not careful. Then those dreams start. You might try having a snack before bedtime. Good Luck!