Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:23

Plan: Naturopath
Stats: 85/77/65
BF:
Progress:
Default Newie

Hi,

I started this WOE 3 weeks ago with my Naturopath and have lost 6 kilos!!!! I feel great. What a learning curve hey. So happy with my progress. I buy low carb biscuits from her which have been helping me a lot as I am a sweet tooth. I am exercising more too which is amazing for a couch potatoe like me.

This website is such a great resource, I will try to post more than lurk!

- Louise
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:32
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Louise, welcome!

You're doing very well - congratulations!

As you can probably tell, The Oz forum doesn't get used all that much, so do check out the rest of the board. For example, if you go to the "Introductions" bit, you'll get more welcomes there than you would here.

How about starting up a journal here? Just go to the My Journal/Bootcamp section - either via the main page, or by using "forum jump" at the bottom of this page - and the journals are in alphabetical order with your user name. I have found my journal to be an enormous help, both in making friends and as a way to keep track of what's happening.

Cheers, matey, glad you've joined us.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:46

Stats: 180/144.6/132.2
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi Louise,

I'm from Melbourne too! Where abouts are you? I noticed we have similarish weight stats, I started at 82kg and my goal is 60.

Take Roz's advice and start a journal, its really helpful!

Congrats on your weight loss, thats fantastic!

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 22:38

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm from Berwick...a bit out in the sticks!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 22:54
Registered Member

Stats: 250/250/150
BF:
Progress:

And I am from Mentone, and only know of one other doing this WOL.

Dale
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 23:26

Plan: www.ultralite.com.au
Stats: 83/83/55
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question

hi

congrats on the GREAT loss!

what do you normally eat everyday?

also, you say you're at a nauturopath... are you doing ultralite?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 01:54

BF:
Progress:

Yep - it's ultralite. Been happy so far with it. Glad of the extra advice I get from my Naturopath, she's unreal, really into low carbo diets.

What I am basically eating...
Breaky - FibreX cereal
Lunch - tuna/chicken and salad
Tea - meat and vegies or salad

Last edited by LowCarbLou : Mon, Sep-09-02 at 02:01.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 16:45

Plan: www.ultralite.com.au
Stats: 83/83/55
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

FibreX cereal? What is that? Never heard of it but I'm interested to know.

When I do Ultralite (notice I said "when"...not doing it at the moment as I've had a lot of travel and work commitments... and because I find U/L very "exact", I find it hard to follow this program on the fly) I normally eat:

Pre-breakfast: 30 g almonds

Breakfast: 2 eggs and 35 g mushrooms

Lunch: 60 g lettuce, 50 g carrot, 60 g chicken breast fried in a little bit of Masterfoods spice eg Cajun, Creole etc. I use the oil and vinegar in the salad dressing.

Dinner: Vege stir-fry or my Thai Green chicken curry recepie that I posted earlier in this forum.

Keep me posted...you're the only other current Ultra-liter on this forum!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 20:03

BF:
Progress:

Sounds like we are eating pretty much the same. I'll have to look for that recipe of yours.

I had a look on the FibreX box and saw that they have a website www.empowerfoods.com.au. I had a quick look at it, there's some interesting stuff on it, though they don't say were else you can get there products, I pressumed all Naturopaths doing UltraLite would be selling the stuff.

I'll keep in touch!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 22:17
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Please take this with the positive intent it is meant :-)

Are you guys on Ultralite having enough protein? The usual calculation is 1/2 your 'ideal' not anorexic body weight!!!! I would hope to get down to about 155--160lbs so I have about 80grams of protein a day.

It is the only thing that keeps me from being hungry or looking for snacks or turning to sugar and carbs.

For example, 200g of meat, chicken, fish is approx 45g. That alone is already half. 3 eggs are 18g, etc.

I cannot cope without my Corinne Netzer Book of Food counts. You can order it from Border Books and it has protein, carbs, fibre counts of ALL foods.

Good luck
Cheers
Dale
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 23:11
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much for the Empower Foods site. I got an email back today and they will let me know where I can buy the cereal.

They do say, health shops as well as naturepaths. I will go to the health shops.

I asked if they plan to do bread, so I don't have to go all over Melbourne trying to find Farmer cheese. I want to make up my Almond flour bread, but cottage cheese is tooooo moist.

Anybody know if WASA crackers are available in Oz? Tried Myer Melbourne, but they looked at me like I was from Venus.

Dale
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 05:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 253/242/153
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile its great to talk to some aussies

hey guys its very exciting to talk to all you guys knowing that im not the only one here in melb looking for low carb food. Im in berwick too Lou what is ultralite is the naturopath local?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 07:37

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

G'day and happy birthday AussielowC it was my birthday last week (6th) - Welcome to the forum..... welcome all you newbies......I 'm from Sydney too - are you N,S,E or W???

A few of us Sydney gals meet for lunch now and then and you'd be more than welcome (says me before checking with the others hehehe) Do you work full time - we usually find a day that we all have 'off' - Wed, Thurs or Fri. The others are Marg and LucyCL they are like you not much to lose - I have loads to get rid of.

I was a bit dubious my first meeting with the others (you know - checking their handbags for hatchets - in casse they were axe-weilding murderers) - but they're not - pics are in my journal if you want to see us. Lucy brings her daughter along so it's quite safe. We are all from the north and have met at Cherrybrook, Hornsby and Beecroft.

Stop by my journal if you want to chat and..... if you want to consider our next lunch - we haven't panned the day yet. Anyway I don't want to bombard you - y ou may just wish to be anonymous and that's fine too. we are just a touch older than you

Love to hear from you bye for now Hope you Melbourne gals can get it together too!!!