Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 09:05

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Default food poisoned

Hi, I cheated... well a couple of days ago, i ended up very sick... I had eaten something that gave me food poisoning.

So, after not being able to keep anything down.... and the thought of any food made me queasy.... I tried jello. That stayed down, but it wasn't sugar free.

Then the next day I was getting hungry,and well, nothing appealed to me, not even jello.

My tummy was feeling sloshy...since i was drinking lots of water to try to flush out the poison, so I ended up having....oh I am ashamed...... I had a white flour hamburger bun toasted.

Today I still feel a bit queasy, but I am drinking protein shakes, and going to try my best to avoid that bread. But I don't know what else to try.
Any suggestions anyone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Hope you're feeling better

Hi there,

I had two days like that last week.....don't know if it was flu, food poisoning or the copious quantities of salad and veggies my body was not used to. Either way, I did the same as you - shakes & water. Then, when I could stomach the idea of food, I ate chicken nuggets - yes! the McDonald's kind!!! No biggie.

Also, I don't force breakfast if I feel sick - i usually make up the protein, etc. later in the day.

Hope you're feeling better!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 16:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey - you were sick - give yourself some slack and forgiveness. carbs are VERY good at one thing: healing. So you may have done the right thing by eating some easily digestible carbs. Jello and toast were reasonable choices in the circumstances. Shakes are a good thing to start on.

Now think about:
Poached eggs.
Custard - LC if you use Splenda or other AS, & heavy cream.
Baby food is great for a recovering stomach - no added sugar or starch, already pureed and cooked. Go ahead & have strained chicken, green beans.....

Was the bad thing you ate a carb thing? If so, then the LC gods have had their revenge.

You'll soon be back on the wagon and losing again. Hope you are feeling better.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 08:23

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Thanks all, I feel better now... I never thought of baby food before. It makes sense though, pre cooked and all mashed.

Hmmm, perhaps I will buy some to have on hand.