Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 12:50

Plan: mix of Atkins and Paleo
Stats: 227/191/115
BF:
Progress: 32%
Smile New to board but LC since Mar1,2002

Hi,

I'm new to this board, just registered. But, I'm not quite so new to LCing. I started March 1, 2002 (so 6 weeks now), and have been visiting another board regularly for the past three weeks. That's how I found this board. I was reading the personal webpage of one of the member's of the other board and she mentioned this board. I thought I'd check it out. I've read some of the previous posts, but mostly just the subject lines, and it sounds like a good board.

I look forward to getting to know people, receiving and giving support along my/our journey.

Kawanda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 13:31

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

This is a GREAT board! You'll really enjoy it here.

What's the other board that you participate in?

It looks like you are doing VERY good so far. 36 pounds in 6 weeks? Wow!

Now, having said that, you probably want to watch that and keep your loss rate from this point on in the 2#/wk range (I'm sure a good part of that 36# was Induction, so you may not be that far above the 2#/wk rate now). If you lose too fast, your body has a hard time keeping up and a number of problems can arise including problems with electrolyte balance and gallstones plus your skin doesn't have enough time to shrink properly and you can get real baggy.

Keep going and good luck on continued success!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 13:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Kawanda! Welcome

You'll find a lot of support and information here. I hope you poke around a bit and see what's here, not only the various forums, but material on the main site as well. (And check out the low carb tips, link on orange bar at the top of the page.)

You're off to a terrific start. It's likely the rate of loss will slow down, as wbahn has said, but the health benefits won't

Good luck to you -- I hope you'll post often and let us know how you're doing
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 08:41

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Kawanda

Glad you've joined the forum. Keep coming back and visiting us as it is a great source of information, support, advice and encouragement.

You seem to have done very well with your weight loss to date, so keep it up. Keep us posted with your progress.

Every success.