Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-09, 06:44
Registered Member

Plan: 0
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress:
Default What food CAN I eat? New to candida.

Hello there,

I have read some posts on this forum about candida since I am pretty certain that I have it. For the past 10 years I have had a massive 10 month pregnant looking stomach (which I thought was lack of exercise) and recently realised after starting a colon cleanse with psyllium that my stomach started to reduce and when I ate ANYTHING it would swell up again. I noticed that I ate something with wheat in and got a very itchy throat, so I probably have IBS too.

I think I have candida as I did have vaginal discharge and since the colon cleanse I now have very little (still doing the cleanse now). I have taken a look at this website http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/index.php which is very informative and seems to be accurate. Unfortunately it lists all the foods you should NOT eat and doesn't list the foods you CAN eat. Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of foods that you can eat ? Also when looking at probiotics I read that THREELAC is very good. Can anyone recommend anything. Also there is a book called the 'Candida Cookbook' on amazon which I am thinking of buying - it sounds pretty good.

I am very confused as getting rid of candida seems like a mammoth task - the time it takes, the different stages of treatment, contradictory opinions on diet and it may or may not work. If you have any suggestions I am most grateful.
Sponsored Links