Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 11:33

Plan: sb/atkins
Stats: 188/173/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Starting 4th week

Hi! I guess I should have introduced myself before, but wanted to see how I was going to do first! I have lost 13 lbs. in 3 weeks and am just starting my 4th week. I have found this diet sooo easy! First couple of days are rough, but after that I really had to force myself to eat! BUT, yesterday, for some reason, I woke up hungry and craving EVERYTHING! I fought it all day, but had some chocolate late last night. I have not cheated once since I started. Why now???? Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe becasue I am introducing new foods? Will have to watch and see if this happens again, what I ate the day before. If anyone has suffered something similar, please respond. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi and welcome to the forum One of the new foods you introduced could have triggered the cravings I get them once in a while "cheat" then I just brush myself off and hope back on the wagon.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:14

Plan: Low Carb - My Way!
Stats: 261/177/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hiya!

Welcome to the forum!

Like Eric said, it may have been caused by something you ate - I've heard some say peanuts are a terrible culprit for them.

Anyway.. most importantly.. don't beat yourself up over it. It happened, no big deal, it's done - just forget about it.

We are all human and you know the old saying... to err..

Anyway, if you can figure out what caused it, it would really help you to identify the problem and avoid whatever it was in the future. A lot of us here are emotional eaters and sometimes that can really do a number on us.

Hang in there!! You can do this!!

Pam
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:32
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi and Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation!!
You can do this!! Best of luck!!

Hugs~
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 07:29

Plan: sb/atkins
Stats: 188/173/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Eric, I am awestruck! 92 lbs is amazing, you must feel wonderful. Thank you everyone for the welcome!

I am doing good furing the day, but last night, I did it again...snuck some chocolate. I don't know what is going on. Before these last 2 days, you couldn't MAKE me cheat! I think I might go back to a couple of days of phase I. I need a kick in the butt for sure!

Thanks for the encouragement, I WILL get a handle on this!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 07:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi,

Welcome to the forums
Everyone here is very helpful and you'll get loads of useful info. Hopefully you'll be able to control those sneaky cravings soon. maybe if you poasted what you were eating during the day experienced people could let you knwo what might be causing the cravings.
Good luck,
Tammy