Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 15:21
? what to put here ?

Plan: Atkins / Calorie counting
Stats: 385/204/195 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 95%
Question What is your plan for dealing with Halloween Candy?

What is everyone’s plan for dealing with the Halloween candy invasion? I have no kids at home. Last year no trick or treaters but,yesterday I had to stare at a huge pan of Halloween junky candies at a meeting I attended.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 20:05
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

we have a jar of candy in my office, and we have gum as well. i will normally grab a stick of it the stave away the desire to grab some candy
I figure i can add in two carbs it won't kill me and most of them are sugar alch. anyways
Crysania
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 20:29
Airy Cats Eyes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/180/171 Female 5'5"
BF:diminishing daily
Progress: 67%

I plan on making bags consisting of a couple of pieces to give out to each little visitor. Then I won't be faced with seeing the shiny little candies in front of me. It worked for me last year--and I was only trying to be moderate--I wasn't LC--I was in Weight Watchers...

Eri
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 22:26

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I plan on getting Halloween candy that I do not like! Some other good ideas I have heard that if you have extra just put a bowl outside your door the last part of the trick or treating hour and it will be gone before you know it!!

Another cool thing I saw at Walmart the other day was small trick or treat size bags of microwaveable popcorn. Now those bags are something I could definitely resist!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 06:41
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I survived last holloween and I'll survive this one too. To me it's no big deal.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 07:16

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

I'm buying the little bags of goldfish crackers to pass out. I do not care for them at all and won't be tempted. If there are any leftovers, they are acceptable school snacks that I can pack in lunches or my DH will take them to snack on at work.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 07:28

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default hi

I would have more trouble resisting the microwave popcorn.. ..it
is something i have been missing lately. But the candy....i always have some candy or sweets somewhere here for my son and the daycare kids and it doesnt really bother me.
I can always mix up some cream cheese cocoa powder and a little spenda if i need a sweet treat or drink a half a diet soda. Or even sweeten my iced tea.
hugs
maggie
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 08:39

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Last year I totally caved with regard to Halloween candy. It was horrible. I went from being a total LC angel one minute to stashing a bag of Reese's Peanute Butter bars in my desk drawer the next.

What really upset me about it was that I totally saw it coming and I still caved. And it's not even good chocolate. I mean, if you're gonna fold, at least do it for something out of this world! Not pedestrian garbage like Halloween candy!

If you're anticipating that it may be a problem for you, I suggest visiting the LC Sweets area of the forum and trying a couple of recipes out. It may well satisy any urge for sweets that you have and head off any potetial problems.

Oh, also, I would recommend that you buy Halloween treats that you don't like to give to the kids.

Donald
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 09:00

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I think I will see if I can find some sugar free candy for the trick or treaters. We get very few of them and then the leftovers won't mess up my WOE.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 12:51

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Turn off the lights and stay out of town

My little town is VERY Christian--three churches--they don't like Halloween; say it's pagan (true enough). So they hold an alternate party on the 31st and get the kids to go there. Hardly any trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood.

So I stay away until I can be pretty sure they're not going to come around.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 13:18

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
I had not thought about it..................but if the urge does come, then I will get some alternative chocolates like the 2 carb bars, and pray to the Lord above that it works
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 14:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

I plan on not eating it......... No fellings like cheating. I am loosing and feeling great so why mess it up for a snickers
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 14:20
? what to put here ?

Plan: Atkins / Calorie counting
Stats: 385/204/195 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc
I think I will see if I can find some sugar free candy for the trick or treaters. We get very few of them and then the leftovers won't mess up my WOE.

Mary,
Just remember sugar free does not mean carb free. If you have a serious amount of weight to lose all that candy, holloween or not is bad for the process. I think it keeps the wanting junk food idea alive. There are just so many other good choices without making the food companies rich buying their overpriced junk. Just my own opinion of course.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 14:53

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Mike,
Good Opinion. I will sure look at the carb contents of what I get for the treats. I don't have to buy very many because the Churches in this town do Harvest things and so we get only one or two trick or treaters.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 16:03

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Hmm...I bought myself some naughty treats to deal with it...lol oh well. I am MUCH more concerned with thanksgiving and christmas though because of all of the baked goods...I seriously am doubting ym ability to NOT go off plan for these holidays....hopefully my resolve will be stronger by then! lol