Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 03:29

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!
Progress: 51%
Unhappy I've GAINED 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody please help me. I am on the verge of crying....After having my morning pee I weighed myself and found that I have GAINED four pounds. This is day 21 for me and during the first 14 days (induction) I lost 11 lbs.....now I find that I've gained 4 of those back! I keep track of everything I eat on fitday and I will try to put a link at the bottom of this for those who want to see what I am eating. I am sooo upset about this right now as I felt like I was doing so good. I am feeling so frustrated, like what's the point of doing this if I'm gonna just gain it right back. Somebody please give me some advice.... Please if you look at my fitday look at the whole thing....have I gone wrong somewhere? I started on August 10th at fitday...

*Cappy*

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Cappyloma

P.s. I only track my food intake on fitday I don't usually write stuff in the journal or log my exercise....which is hardly anything.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 06:53

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Hey Cappy

really please don't dispair, some people do find they can fluctuate that much in one day!!

Having a quick look over your fitday, other than you seem to eat a lot of cheese - maybe try without cheese for a day or.

Nothing there suggests an increase but then it could also be a blip (i.e. weigh tomorrow and its gone) or your body is slightly adjusting your 11lb loss.

Don't lose sight just really work hard on it for the next day or so - keep your cals and fat up and carbs down, and see what happens.

Also how is your water intake?

You could also look back to week 1 or 2 and just eat exactly the same for that week - that might help.

Honestly if your fitday is right then it looks like it might be a blip that will disappear tomorrow

Good luck let us know how you get on but PLEASE do not give up!

Sarah
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 06:55

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cappy, weight fluctuates. It's not constant and losing it isn't linear. Your menus now don't look too bad, but up until the latter part of August you were eating pretty low calories. I would suggest getting rid of a few things however - the balsamic vinagrette and the whipped salad dressing (unless it's the mayo kind - miracle whip type dressing is full of sugar, as is balsamic vinegar). Also I see artificial sweetners every day and the odd low carb treat. These can be problems for some - but honestly, I think you're just obsessing / stressing right now over something you shouldn't.

You're on day 21? When was your last TOM? Both TOM and ovulation can cause a scale blip.

-Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/131/115 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 68%

I would also like to suggest that this perhaps has something to do with TOM?

(I know I stopped losing for 2 weeks just after I ovulated (And gained 3 lbs just before), but now I'm back to going down down down!)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 16:22

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!
Progress: 51%

Hi guys! Thanks for your input. To answer the TOM thing, I just had that LAST week, so it can't be that. I continued losing all through that TOM also. However, I am feeling better about things now than I was this morning. I guess I was being a little dramatic...well it WAS like 5:30 in the morning after all!!! ha ha.....
So I am going to do as SarahWeb suggested and eat exactly what I ate on week one and hope that things get back to normal. Somehow along the way this past week I have knocked myself out of ketosis, I can feel it. I just had the hugest (is that even a word???) Greek salad ever with grilled chicken breast on it....the salad alone was probably 20 carbs...it was HUGE! And I ate the whole thing....I haven't tallied up on FitDay yet but I'm sure it's alot! It was an off day for me all around - was running late for work because I spent too much time online so I didn't have time to make my regular eggs for brekkie and I didn't have time to pack a lunch either so I threw a handful of peanuts and a few blueberries into a dish and took them to work with me - then just ate this salad for dinner...so maybe the day isn't tooo badly shot..we'll see.
I am not going to give up this WOE because I truly do like it waaaay better than any other diet I've tried....just chalk this up to experience...that I can't get "comfortable" and slack off....must stay focused!! Thanks again you guys for being there for me today!!!! I really appreciate all your support!!!