Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 06:52

Plan: Atkins, Daily Cardio, Some weight training, Pillates & Yoga
Stats: // Female 5'8.5
BF:25.5%
Progress:
Default Venting Carb craving emotional triggers

I thought a thread where we can discuss and talk out emotional triggers that cause a carb craving would be a good idea. There probably is one already but I just can't find it.

Emotional issue I had this morning:

This one is so minor and almost makes me feel guity for talking out but the minor ones add up to a big things.

1. Called a friend this morning who is usually very controlling to ask if she wants to see a movie this weekend and I get a run down on all that she wants to do and all the fabulous things she is doing in the next couple of weeks. I only want a polite yes or no thank you.....good for you that you have so many wonderful plans (without me) but jplease just give me the facts. Maybe it's the way it is said (snobby tone) that means more than what is said. I think if you can't accept an invitation you don't have to give the reason why just say I will get back to you or say "No, I'm so sorry we can't but have a great time and tell me all about it:" would be better.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Bleh. Sorry about your friend. That's why I don't have any "girlfriends" - they're too high maintenance.

Great thread. One of the hardest habits to break is using food inappropriately, like to console - or reward - ourselves. It's just fuel, and we have to learn to find more constructive ways of making ourselves feel better. I bet you didn't give in to that carb craving, right?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 15:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/205/147 Female 73"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have a trigger for every kind of carb there is!
The most common ones are PMT (chocolate), boredom (Crisps), weekends (bread), depression (all carbs existant).
I know weekends might seem like an odd one but does anyone else feel like a treat at the weekend? I was raised up to have a proper roast dinner (with all high-carb trimmings and veg.) on a Sunday and that is hard to shift.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 08:44

Progress:

Hey Kristine:
Thanks for responding! I'm not great at maintaining "girlfriendships" either....I do appreciate them when I have them but to maintain a girlfriend is a l o t of work. I'm the type of person that is happy as could be on my own - I'm very independent and enjoy my own company as well as those of others....but ya know when the sh%^**(&t hits the fan and it always does, I realize a good girlfriend or someone close to talk to is key to getting over what ever it is your going through. I'm a twin so I always tend to have one really BEST friend and then we inevidible "break up" and I find another BEST friend. Sounds so grammer school but at this age Idon't think I'm about to change.
Trigger #2. When I feel lonely .....ice cream is a real fly by night friend but for immediate gratification......oooh eehh...can't be beat.. I'm trying to exercise now enough daily so I can eventually be able to have a treat or too without blowing up!

vent here ...it's good for you
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 08:49

Progress:

Hey Rebsee: Size 12....!! Awesome....I haven't seen 12 since my last baby was born 6 glorious years ago....but I'm not too far! I know exactely what you mean by wanted carb treats on weekends. I always feel like the weekends are a time for relaxing and enjoying food. I love to cook on Sundays and my daughter will always want to us to bake something sweet...!yikes....I've got to come up with more whipping cream recipies!

I love how you've really broken down your cravings too funny! way to go and thanks yes I did overcome that craving when I wrote here....thanks again

marg
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 17:44

Progress:

Sometimes I feel like I'm all alone here! That's okay I need to write no, I love to write. As long as no one objects I'm going to be posting to myself to vent. I do jounal but it's not the same knowing someone just might be reading. I realize that not dealing with my emotions and feeling causes me to run to food for comfort. Simetimes I wish I could cry but who has the time? I'm realizing now that I don't even allow myself to feel strongly about anything....like I'm wrong for feeling. My husband and son don't help with this ....they are totally detached from their feelings.....my son is a clone of my husband....I worry about him ....he refuses to feel anything but anger at times I suppose. Here he goes (my son) over my shoulder critisizing me and trying to get me off the computer. All I've done for that child..... just kidding I am writing so he CAN see it now! thanks for lettin me vent!

Marg
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 06:44

Progress:

I don't know why but some of my posts are not being posted. If anything I may post too much in these few days left of induction. Whatever....more importantly here I am Monday 8/11/03 and I am still full of committment and I am on week 3 of my LC eating and daily exercise. I could not go to the gym today as my dd is home sick. I had trouble sleeping last night ....a lot of trouble. I as wondering if there is a connection to the LCing? I exercised early, had my 2 cups of caffein in the early a.m., it was hot but, I really didn't get more than 4 hours total! It could be because I went to bed later than usual and it seem sto throw me if I go to bed later than 10:30 than I"m on a diff sleep cycle. I had planned to do alot to day but feel groggy and my eyes hurt. I have to remind myself too, that all these symtoms will pass with time.

me