Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 14:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default June 4th-July 4th challenge

Hello Everyone

Anyone interested in a month long challenge. I am tryng to loose 10# by the 4th of July.
Anyone interested in joining me?

I will drink at the very least 8 glasses of water, shooting for a full gallon though.
Stay within 30 carbs
Not eat after 8:00pm
Excercize everyday for at least 30 min.
Take my vitamins

Come on over and join me!!
We will 10# lighter by the 4th of July
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 14:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

I'd like to lose 3# by then! I mean, I'd like to lose more, but I doubt my glacial weight loss can be sped up much faster. As a matter of fact, if I lost 3# by July 4, I'd be THRILLED!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 14:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/178/125 Female 5'4" (ft & Inches)
BF:Tons not sure
Progress: 34%

I'm in!

I will drink more water
Go and buy my Ketone Sticks
Finish my Atkins Book
Continue to be storng and not cheat
Take my daily walks at break
Lift weights afterwork

#4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 06:37

BF:
Default Day 2

Good Morning,
one day down, a few more to go.

Luna- I think that buying the stiicks is a good decision. they keep me motivated when the scale doesn't move. sometimes you are gaining muscle and loosing fat at the same time, so the scale won't show a loss.

Orzabelle, A 3# loss is a great goal. Especially since you don't have much to loose. I thought that 10# was going to be enough for me and that was my original goal. Now that I am closer I still have a lot of fat on my stomach and sides. I might have to go a bit lower just to look semi-fit in that area .

Yesterday I had a good day. I drank all my water. I felt quite sluggish all morning, so I took a nap and that really helped. I had lots more energy in the afternoon. I had not had much sleep as of late so I think i had some catching up to do.

Also, I had never taken the pill, but my hubby and I a re-doing our honeymoon in a couple of weeks (going up the northern Ca. coast). And ,so i didn't want to get my period then and asked the doctor to put me on the pill for a couple of months. I started a couple of days ago, and I have felt a bit queasy, I don't know if it's my imagination. I hope It has no side effects on me and no weight gain.

This morning I ran 3.5 mi. If you can call it running, I think the dog dragged me most of the way .
Later today I will mow the lawn and get some sun on my not-so-flabby-anymore arms

Let's stay motivated!! A month will go by very soon, wether we challenge ourselves or not. We can choose to be healthier and slimmer, or stay the same. We have a choice.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Mary

Last edited by maryp : Thu, Jun-05-03 at 06:38.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 09:32
Registered Member

Stats: 286/242/155 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

count me in! I am hoping to lose 10 lbs by July 4th also! I am just finishing up my second week on induction. The first week I lost 10 lbs(most water I am sure) and this week am at about 1.5 so far.

To obtain this goal I will have to watch my cheese consumption. I am a cheese-a-holic and sometimes go above the 4 oz allowed.

Excercise More already do 3x a week at Curves but need to increase oon off days

GOOD LUCK Everyone!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 10:31

BF:
Default Day 3

Good Morning!!

Day 3 of challenge.

azdeb- Welcome and congratulations on such a great loss in your first week. Isn't that encouraging? Even if it is water weight, you look and feel lighter and that's what counts.

As a reformed cheese-a-holic I have found that eating the string cheese (they come in a 1oz. pack) satisfies me better than just cutting it off the block. I peel the strings off and take my time eating it, I enjoy every bite and It feels like I actually had more than one serving.

Orzabelle, Luna- How is it going so far? Post and let us know!

Yesterday I did lots of cleaning around the house until the wee hours of the morning. today I got up late nad haven't exercise today. I have been very noucious sp? lately. I've had a hard time aeting and getting moving. I drank all my water yesterday and I am not doing so bad today. I just hope I can feel bette so I can actually enjoy what I"m eating instead of forcing it down.

Talking about queasy.. better go lie down.
Have a great day everyone!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 08:00
Registered Member

BF:

Maryp
Thanks for the string cheese advice. I wasnt even thinking about those when I would pick out my cheeses! Well weighed in today and am down 12 lbs since starting induction 12 weeks ago down 1 lb since starting this challeng. To hit the 10 lb goal will have to be 239. We will see what happens!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 06:39

BF:
Default new week

Hello!
Here we are a new week!

azdeb- congratulations on your great loss. -1# this week already great for you!!!

OK confession time. I went to a party, feeling strong and all. and then I lost it. They only things they had to eat was fried fish tacos, cake, ice cream and cookies with coffe. Nothing for me to eat, this had never happened before. Well I cheated bad! It was my fault for not eating before I left the house, but there's always some-thing we can eat when on this diet.

Anyway, I am afraid to look at the scale I am terribly bloated and I feel terrible.
But... i am still on this challenge, I guess now it Reeeally becomes a challenge, after blowing it so bad. Did I mention that this was an all day party-thing, not just one meal?

Well, I've come clean. My challenge for today is to drink water like crazy and stick to my eating plan very, very close. Maybe I'll try to lower my carbs a couple of grams to see if I can recover.

Thanks for listening I hope you have a great one. I'll check in later to see how it's going
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 06:51
Registered Member

BF:

Maryp
Yep probably best not to look at the scale today. Just do what you mentioned and I think you will be good. I try to keep a couple of low carb bars in my purse for just that reason, though I am not sure hey would have contained me with all that OTHER food around. Chin up it was only one day, put it behind you! Take Care!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 09:12

BF:
Default just what I needed

azdeb,
Thank you for your encouraging words. I could tell the same thing to myself, but some how it means so much more coming from someone else .

I will definetly carry a bar in purse from now on, thanks for the idea. I hope today is going well for you.

Hugs,
Mary
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:02
Registered Member

BF:

Maryp,
Its true sometimes you just need someone to pump you up a bit. I think thats why I like this forrum so much! I am having a hard time with having this constant thirsty feeling in my mouth. Do you get that? I just feel like I could be drinking all the time~ I drink about 10+ .glasses of waer a day so I know I am not really thirsty.Anyway Take Care and keep pluggin
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 10:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hey no one has posted in a while! I hope this isnt a bad sign! I went down 2 more lbs as of Sunday so I have 7 more to go for July 4the. Realistically dont think I will make it but the fact that I am losing makes me happy! How are all you others doing?