Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 02:04

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Was there any information on how to cook or eat oxalate foods to uncrease the safety??

Choose from the low oxalate vegetables. Long boiling and dumping water will reduce, but the high ones would still be dangerous... mush over 12 minutes, which is when there's some.

Spinach, potatoes and yams, nuts and seeds, and cocoa are the dangerous ones to start cutting out, but not all at once. She recommends a downward reduction, slowly, to cut down on overdumping.

So cooking works, but not adequately. Fermenting only seems to work in Probiotic teas. Yes. One cup of green tea is 20g of oxalate! I was drinking it all the time! For the L-theanine.

That whole "antioxidants are good for you" thing? Merely a theory. ZERO scientific support. It's based on the JOLT our immune system gets from them.

But I think that changes things for me, moving forward. My immune system is too worked up and reactive. I don't want to poke it with sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Not eating any sometimes needs to be the answer but Im interested in keep eating the foods to stop colon cancer. So veggies are on my plate. But looking for better methods to prepare before eating.

Lectins work that way. But not oxalate. Ms. Norton recommends choosing from the plenty of veggies that are already low oxalates. Like romaine, which is my favorite, anyway. Not sweet potato or yam or white potato.

Calories to stave off hunger. That’s all they provide. Not a source of nutrients, as Dr. Georgia Ede has explained so well.

This book has revamped by outlook on vegetables, which I tend to avoid because of the fiber. Now, I don’t regard them as something I SHOULD eat. The occasional salad will be nice as spring moves in, but all the studies showing it “protective” for health is all food questionaires. The same methods they use to scare us about meat. Both red and processed.

My Italian cold cuts — fermented meat!— (I’m in NY, I get the good kind) have less nitrites than celery. I can’t keep staking my life on anything mainstream nutrtional. From careerism to capitalism, we can’t trust dieticians or medical advice. It’s been messed up since 1972.

My guilt about eating my vegetables has gone away. That wasn’t the answer to my carnivore issues. Oxalate makes more sense, and everything the author discussed has happened as she described.

Gotta go with the good data: n = 1

Last edited by WereBear : Wed, Mar-08-23 at 05:11.
Sponsored Links