Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 02:33
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 68/635/55
BF:
Progress:
Default Help putting on weight

I was doing fantastic for about 2 months then all of a sudden I am still eating the right foods but just more of it because I have been getting hungry and I have found that I am putting on weight
today I ate
Protein shake
nuts
3 lamb chops, salad, 2 eggs
cheesecake home made atkins approved
pork and salad.

Can you offer any suggestions.

Thanks Leonie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 04:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Plateau?

Perhaps part of your gain is temporary. You could just be at a plateau, and also perhaps holding water. Are you doing exercise that could allow you to be trading off fat for muscle at the moment? The idea that you are eating more is not positive though. It doesn't seem that you are eating too much, from what you listed. But you could cut out the cheesecake and see what happens.

How often are you weighing? Even during weight loss you can plateau and hold water for a while. Hang in there and have patience. Just watch that food volume.

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 05:46
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Leonie:

I quickly looked through your journal for some of your foods. I noticed some frankenfoods. I'd try cutting out anything with sugar alcohols. They give me outright hypoglycemic symptoms, including increased hunger. Also, if quantity of food is a problem right now, I'd also cut out the nuts. You don't mention how many nuts you are eating, but the calories add up pretty quickly.

Have you input your info on fitday? Based on your numbers, you should consume 1400 - 1680 calories/day. You are right in that you probably are going over. How many oz of lamb are you eating? I'm roughly guessing 12 oz (3 chops x 4 oz) at 1,000 calories. That doesn't leave much left for your total caloric intake.

It also looks like you may not be eating enough for breakfast.

If you are hungry, are you drinking enough water? Thirst can be masked as hunger. Normally I drink about 1/2 liter of water at least 1/2 hour after each meal to ward off false hunger. My totals for the day are usually around 3.5 liters. It seems such as small thing, but really does make a huge difference.

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Wed, Feb-26-03 at 05:49.