Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 22:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.6/237.9/170 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Exercise Tapes???

Hi there, do any of you Kiwis or Aussies out there do any good exercise video tapes. If so what are they and where do you get them. I have searched the NZ e-bay site etc and have come up with nothing. Tried the US one and there was heaps there but none that would ship to NZ. So any pearls of wisdom from you guys would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 17:31

Plan: Atkins / Low Carb
Stats: 308/298/143 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Kiwifriend

have you tried ebay australia I have bought a few excersize videos off of there

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 13:47

BF:
Talking

Thanks for your response Princess K. I hadn't tried the Aus one, checked it out but most would only ship within Aus. However.... you did get me searching for similar sites and I found a cool NZ site. So from across the ditch THANK YOU
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 13:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/180/140
BF:
Progress: 11%

I found a great Pilates DVD. I bought mine at a Target store, but I'm sure you can find it online somewhere

It's from a series called The Method and it features Jennifer Kries. The actual DVD is titled Pilates Target Specifics - Abs, Arms, Hips, Thighs. I like this video b/c it's broken up into 15 minute workouts for each target area. I usually do 2 of the sections each morning and keep alternating.

Ok.....so I may not do it EVERY morning, but I have good intentions
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 02:31
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 154/150.5/132
BF:25%/22%/15%
Progress: 16%
Default kiwi too

Hi kiwi friend I am a kiwi too from auckland.
I am not really in to tapes but years ago when I wounldnt go to th egym I bought a Suzie Atkins tape probably a bit old now but had good basic all over body exercises an I did tone well I actually got it from K Mart. How long have you being doing atkins have you got any buddies cause would enjoy talking again, I am not on atkins I am trying cadlp at the moment.
Nice talking too you
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 18:23

Stats: 268/240/150 Female 171cm
BF:going/down/slowly
Progress: 24%

I have become addicted to Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds" series of tapes/DVDs. You choose the length of your "walk" 1,2,or3 miles. I bought them in Hong Kong through HMV but a friend bought them cheaply on Ebay last week.

It's low impact, very easy to follow and really effective!

Kate
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 00:22

BF:

Hi Peabody, jules420 & hkgkate.
Thank you for your responses. I've just finished my fifth week on Atkins. I'm chugging along slowly but surely. Shall check out the vid's you all mentioned. Would love to get my hands on the Leslie Sanson WATP tapes but can't seem to get anything here in NZ. Have just bought a few different ones off an internet auction thingy in NZ so shall try them out when I receive them and see how I go. In the meantime my dogs certainly won't complain if I just take them for longer walks.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:38

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

I do Tae Bo - I got a set from K-mart that has an introduction video, an 8 min workout, a 1/2 hour work out and a 50min work out.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 01:03

BF:

Jaddles, I picked up some Tae Bo vids, they're Instructional, Basics, Advanced & 8 min. Can only do the Instructional & basics at this stage, but I'm finding them really cool. Cheers.
Got Pilates for Dummies too, haven't tried yet though, anyone else out there done Pilates?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 16:56

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

Thats the same set I got, I havent tried the 8 min workout, but I find the advanced workout not much harder than the basic one. The big difference is the floorwork, lots of sit ups!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 03:38

BF:

Sheesh Jaddles, did you say sit ups!!! I think I'd better master the instructional & basics first.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Amazon.com

Hi
I buy most of mine from www.amazon.com. It is good because you can read what people have thought of different taps. There is sooooooo many to choose from. I have:

- Pilates - Mandy Smith (for tummies only)
- Winsor Pilates - by Mari Winsor (not from amazon.com, you buy these from NZ infomercials).
- 'Breakthru - Pilates Plus'. I love this one. It divides up equally into Pilates, Ballet and Yoga. You need no equipment (except a chair to hold onto for the ballet section). It is about 50 mins long, but of course you can choose your segments if you are only interested in say Yoga that day.
- Power Step Workout - by Mandy Smith. This too is a good one. Of course you need a step (but you can buy these from Reebok or in a exercise shop in NZ).
- Tae-Bo by Billy Banks. I hate this one.
- Pilates for Dummies - you can buy this at Whitcoulls in NZ. It is a fantastic introduction to Pilates. (Pilates is great for the long lean look).
- Viva! Latin Rhythm Workout - This is a dance based one, but it is easy to pick up and it gives you a nice variation if you do have more than one video at home and don't want to get bored.

Well, now that I have typed that up, I do have a lot myself! Yes I do use them all except the Tae Bo one.
Cheers, Paula