Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 01:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/300/195 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy ouchy tummy!! (and possibly too many details!)

I've noticed over the past two, three weeks that my stomach has been getting upset a lot lately, where it feels like something is poking out from the inside. I feel bloated and feel like I have to run to the bathroom all the time (erm, #2), but it's not diarrhea. It's not real hard, either, like I would think it would be if I were constipated? I'm taking fiber pills and eating lots of lettuce. I also eat lots and lots of protein.

Is it possible that eating large amounts of protein might be what's upsetting my stomach so much? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any suggestions to make it stop?

There's this random flu bug going around here too, but it just doesn't *feel* like a flu.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 07:20

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

sometimes it could be something that u started to eat often recently......do you recall any particular food?

sometimes i could feel poking as if acid inside banged against my tummy walls....but i already had some food inside digesting...

last time i used to buy a particular brand of tom yam paste for cooking. and i got the same symptoms..particularly my left abdomen hurt....and i was wondering are there gallstones or anything wrong with my intestines.

i took this product for abt 2 wks and i stopped it immediately. the pain went off. and coz i still have a lot of tom yam paste unfinished......one day my mom used it to cook it with cuttlefish , i ate it , soon the symptoms returned. and disappeared...

sometimes it could be allergy...i am not sure...just a suggestion.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 08:38

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I believe that gallbladder pain is usually on the right side, generally in the back of the rib cage - but not always.

Sounds as though Fumih is allergic to something in her tom yam.

I used to get an upset stomach when I took my vitamins on an empty stomach. The B vitamins seemed especially bad. Now that I take them AFTER a meal, I don't have the same problem. I try to spread them out through the day so my tum isn't overwhelmed.

Try eating very simpley for a couple of days to see if things settle down, then add back a new food every day to see if the upset comes back.

If you are taking any meds or aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) they can cause stomach irritaion. Take them with food if possible to protect the stomach lining.

Remember, I'm not a medical person and your doctor is your best source of advice.

#4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: Adaptive
Stats: 220/220/155
BF:N/A
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Kinda sick

Ok, my two cents worth...

I hope I don't sicken people too, but I also had that probplem for about a week on my first cycle of Induction, It was just after I started mixing protein shacks and was taking psyllium husk capsules. I found that if I did not take a 'husk pill' near the same time I drank a shack, things got better... I have too admit I was also taking too much fiber in general, and it was creating alotta waste for me.
~Fooz
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 19:58

Stats: 204/181/145
BF:
Progress: 39%

uping fiber will make you feel gassy and crampy and alter stools. Pain from gallbladder would be on right side under breasts and usually does not give stomach problems, except naseau and vomitting.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 00:21

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=59589

I first thought that I might of had Kidney stones again because of the pains that I am having...then I thought that it was just gas..But it ened up being stomach Convulsions.

Candice