Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-08, 16:09

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyPoo
Doing ok but wished I was doing better.
ust my weight loss has lowed down and I was losing good and was so happy about that but now its just alittle disappointing that I am losing real slow when I am working so hard to lose it.
I am eating like I have been doing and trying to get some exercise to as much as I can.
Maybe it will perk up soon.

Hey Sissy...

I feel yah, I just finished my TOM so will probably weigh on Friday and see how things go... Didn't exercise at all last week but will get back in the groove this week...

TJ
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 08:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:

My TOM isn't quite finished, but I generally lose all the water weight in the first 2 days. I'm now down below 167- I forget exactly when I weighed how much or how quickly I'm losing, but at least I AM losing again.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-08, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
My TOM isn't quite finished, but I generally lose all the water weight in the first 2 days. I'm now down below 167- I forget exactly when I weighed how much or how quickly I'm losing, but at least I AM losing again.

Hey Ruthla, Congrats to you on your weight loss... I'm waiting until Friday to weigh myself... I'm hoping that I have lost some more...fingers are crossed!

TJ
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-08, 11:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.
Not much going on with me today, was sore when I woke up this morning, this arthritis gets me down sometimes. But I did manage to get a load of cloothes in the wash though.
See ya all later ok.Be good...........

Fly!
You never know
how high you
can soar,
until you try.
Spread your wings
and paint the sky.
Beauty awaits you
beneath every twinkling star,
for you have
many gifts
that will take you far.
And I hope you
never forget
how precious you are.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-08, 17:31

Quote:
Just wanted to say hi to everyone.
Not much going on with me today, was sore when I woke up this morning, this arthritis gets me down sometimes. But I did manage to get a load of cloothes in the wash though.
See ya all later ok.Be good...........

Fly!
You never know
how high you
can soar,
until you try.
Spread your wings
and paint the sky.
Beauty awaits you
beneath every twinkling star,
for you have
many gifts
that will take you far.
And I hope you
never forget
how precious you are.

Hey Sissy,

I know how difficult dealing with an illness can be. It's been a challenge for me for the past couple of weeks to get up... Managed to cook some dinner tonight so that was a good thing!

The poem is beautiful and something I needed today. Thanks for that!

Hope you are feeling better and have a great day!

TJ
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-08, 05:48

Hey down a pound today.... Can't believe it with all of the cheese that I've eaten this week, but of course, I've been taking my ACV as well...

TJ
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-08, 12:59

BF:

Just wanted to say hi and see whats up today.
Not much with me, just taking it easy today. My eating is going better and I am happy about that.

The grand kids came over to go swimming in the pool. Think i will go out and join them.
See you later.

#83   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 13:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:

Rosh Hashona starts tonight, and I'm going to enjoy my food and not go crazy in either direction- I won't pig out on too many carbs, but neither will I deny myself from the variety of wholesome foods we're preparing. I'm making turkey, rice stuffing, gluten-free challah, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, roast potatoes, broccoli, and honey cake for dessert. This doesn't include the apples and honey and pomegranite and other symbolic fruits.

I didn't bother making a low-carb dessert this year- I'd rather have a small portion of regular honey cake instead. My plan is to eat lots of turkey and broccoli, and small portions of everything else.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
Rosh Hashona starts tonight, and I'm going to enjoy my food and not go crazy in either direction- I won't pig out on too many carbs, but neither will I deny myself from the variety of wholesome foods we're preparing. I'm making turkey, rice stuffing, gluten-free challah, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, roast potatoes, broccoli, and honey cake for dessert. This doesn't include the apples and honey and pomegranite and other symbolic fruits.

I didn't bother making a low-carb dessert this year- I'd rather have a small portion of regular honey cake instead. My plan is to eat lots of turkey and broccoli, and small portions of everything else.

Hey Ruth, You've done so well I think you deserve that slice of honey cake. There is always tomorrow... For me, I'm trying the meat and egg fast for the first time this week.... I'm trying to get down to a 20 pound loss with three pounds to go! Of course, I'll need to take my supplements...

Have a great celebration....

TJ
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-08, 15:00

BF:

Hi everyone, looks like you all are doing good these days.
I am going nowhere though with my weight right now. I do good for awhile and then goof up again and cannot tell you why but I do.
Guess I am weak when it comes to food.
Not much going on with me these days. How about you?
Have any of you begun decoration your home for the fall holidays yet?
I have not but want to soon. I have a bench in the front yard that I like to sit a scarecrow and an pumpkin on every year. I need to go buy a fall door hanging for the front door to. Think the craft stores will have some.
Want to get out my fall flower arrangement I use every year on my dining room table, I have it stored in a tall box so it won't get crushed.
Have other home fall decor to that I want to get out amybe this week-end to for the family room.

Its s till hot here and does not feel like fall at all here but thats living in Florida. We get use to it.

See ya later.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 12:40

Quote:

Hi everyone, looks like you all are doing good these days.
I am going nowhere though with my weight right now. I do good for awhile and then goof up again and cannot tell you why but I do.
Guess I am weak when it comes to food.
Not much going on with me these days. How about you?
Have any of you begun decoration your home for the fall holidays yet?
I have not but want to soon. I have a bench in the front yard that I like to sit a scarecrow and an pumpkin on every year. I need to go buy a fall door hanging for the front door to. Think the craft stores will have some.
Want to get out my fall flower arrangement I use every year on my dining room table, I have it stored in a tall box so it won't get crushed.
Have other home fall decor to that I want to get out amybe this week-end to for the family room.

Its s till hot here and does not feel like fall at all here but thats living in Florida. We get use to it.

See ya later.

Your weather sounds terrific right now.... Fall is just beginning and I enjoy fall, but it is getting cold too quick for me... Haven't started decorating and usually do that a couple weeks before Halloween...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Unfortunately, for me I'm not eating a ton of food but was trying to keep my calories between 1500-1800 for the past 3 weeks and only one pound lost! Frustrating to sy the least...

Doing the meat and egg fast this week to see if I can get any weight off... I've never gone as low as I have the last couple of days in terms of carbs, almost none...geez... So far I just have a constant headache, and I am worried about staying regular during this time. I wonder how people do this long term, I definitely have to have at least 40 for my sanity!

TJ
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 10:37

BF:

I am just eating healthy to and keeping my calories between 1200-1500 aday. I think as long as I do that I will lose ok even if it is a slow weight loss but I hear thats better for you anyway.

We may get some cooler weahter in Dec. or Jan. but no time soon. Sometimes in the evenings when we dine out the air conditioner gets cool for me so I always bring a light knit jacket to put on. I cannot eat when I am cold like that.
Even at Xmas time it is not cold here. But I love the Fall even though we do not have the fall weather, I love to decorate my front yard with my scarecrow sitting on the bench with some pumkins around him. I even put a big lighted pumpkin out by or pool, he looks cute reflecting on the pool water.
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-08, 22:38

Well the meat and egg fast was hard on me...I hated it! Now I am trying to eliminate some other things like sweeteners, dairy, and bacon after reading Karen's article at the top of the forum...

Will try it this week and see if I see a better loss...

TJ
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 11:18

BF:

I stay with my meats and veggies mostly to and also cut down on my diet pepsi to. I very seldom each bread but when I do I make it whole wheat.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 12:42

Quote:
I stay with my meats and veggies mostly to and also cut down on my diet pepsi to. I very seldom each bread but when I do I make it whole wheat.

I'm hoping eating like this, meat and veggies, will get me to another low this month. I would like to lose 10 pounds this month, of course, that is pushing it but I'm going to PUSH IT!

TJ