Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-07, 14:10

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Are You Really Happy???

I just wanted to know from each group are the people really happy with their WOE or more so b/c of the results. I have come across some people who wish they could eat certain things but know it will bring back the pounds so while they are elated about their new figure they aren't necessarily about the food. So I thought I would start thread in each of the programs on here and see what everyone has to say.

I know I don't have to ask for everyone to respect each other's posts
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-07, 14:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I LOVE THIS WOL. All caps- it is amazing. I have changed my whole life. For me, this is a really great plan. I eat VLC twice a day, and have carbs once for dinner. The carbs are in a meal with lots of veggies and protein.
I think any LC plan takes planning, discipline and motivation to be 'different' from the typical american diet.
I hope you find a plan you like.
E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 21:04

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

This diet is my salvation. Honestly I was the most depressed person in the world. I feel like a new person and it has been 10 years on CAD!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 06:51

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Why shouldn't we be happy? It's a combination of low-carbing and having one's cake and eating it too, once a day if one so desires (normally I don't - I'd rather have a small potato and/or fruit). It makes it easier to eat at other people's homes for dinner or to go to a restaurant for a meal or even to prepare a dinner for the whole family and then sit down and join in, having a bit of everything! To me it means less deprivation overall and therefore I am happy. It still takes discipline though to do the one hour meal thing and to skip snacking in between meals.

It is not for everyone though. Many or most people find Atkins easier for whatever reason.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 13:58

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterow
This diet is my salvation. Honestly I was the most depressed person in the world. I feel like a new person and it has been 10 years on CAD!

So, if you don't mind my asking, how much have you lost on CAD?
It's really an easy diet to stick with. I used to follow the first book and I did eat anything I wanted for an hour. I lost 10 pounds. I had about 25 to lose. I then noticed that I was getting very lethargic. Tired. I think I wasn't eating enough. The weight loss is slower than the other plans, so if you're in a hurry to lose weight, don't go on CAD. I lost very slowly on it. It's nice though to be able to eat cake at dinner and still show a loss each week! I think this is a great "maintenance" plan. I plan to follow CAD again when I get down to my goal...another 22-25 pounds.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 19:46

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Well, I do the CAD and not really balanced rms. I have had this week a big chunk of cheese for my cm and a pint of ice cream and strawberries for my rm. I lost on this this week but I didn't feel like anything else
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 07:58

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterow
Well, I do the CAD and not really balanced rms. I have had this week a big chunk of cheese for my cm and a pint of ice cream and strawberries for my rm. I lost on this this week but I didn't feel like anything else

I guess you haven't lost very much on it. You don't even have your stats filled in.