Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 23:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/160
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default PM(M)S....

I have PM(M)S...Premenstral (munchmonster) syndrome. I'm so hungry all the time! and I want chocolate! Anyone else have this problem? I just find myself wandering around the kitchen,opening the fridge, closing the fridge. opening my "low carb cabinate" closing my LC cabinate. Going back to the fridge.......and so on. What are good foods to eat at this time of month? I did order some Ross chocolate, bad to have around now! I have been eating 2 chocolate bars a day since they came in on wednesday! Bad me! I have been trying to snack on low carb thngs, like soy nuts and sunflower seeds. I think I'll go make me a low carb chocolate shake.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 12:03

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Nellie....

One of the benefits of doing Atkins is that it's acceptable to eat some protein just about anytime you are hungry! I know that you think you want sweet things, but giving in to that craving will probably make things even worse. My solution for a 'sweet treat' is S/F jello with whipped cream. I actually think it's the whipped cream that makes this a satisfying snack....the fat content is satiating.

Hang in there. It's only a few days a month and if you keep at it I'll be that next month will be easier.

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 13:36

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

ooh, nellie, I used to have that BAD, so I sympathize. I'd wander around the kitchen, opening cupboards, hunting for something to satisfy the craving...knew not to let myself go to the store!

But it has eased. Why? I can't swear to it, but I THINK it's because I've been taking more supplements, including a huge calcium magnesium pill and an extra magnesium beyond that. Chocolate cravings can often be a sign of magnesium deficiency. It takes a month or two for daily supplements to have a noticeable effect for most people.

Also l-gluatmine taken on an empty stomach can help curb cravings for some people. best of luck to you!