Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 07:43

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%
Default Bug Report (Google's bug, really)

Hi,

I was outside the forum at Google, and searched for "pork shoulder butt recipe". The thirteenth item returned was a link to Karen Barnaby's pork shoulder recipe in the forum. So I clicked the link from Google and landed at the end (fourth page) of a discussion thread with no recipe in sight. Because I am very familiar with the site already, I went to the first page of the thread -- but still no recipe. A link to the recipe was buried in the second page.

Of course, I know exactly how to find recipes within the forum. And, Google is not your domain. But I can't help but wonder if there's a better way of returning recipes to a search engine.

I realize that this is really Google's problem, but I'm curious to know if you have any insight into effectively offering up information to search engines -- I'm taking on the Website of a non-profit and am trying to figure out how to get noticed by Google.

Thanks,

Allison
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 08:05
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
I'm taking on the Website of a non-profit and am trying to figure out how to get noticed by Google.

Google is perfect for non-profit site, since they don't accept payments for search results and position on the resuts. Sponsored links are provided on the side, and clearly marked as sponsored links.

To get Google to find you, you just need to have your link posted somewhere else on the web, like having other organizations link to you. In a month or two, Google will index it.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 21:14

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Thanks Wa'il, I didn't know about the month or two. Maybe I'm on target after all.