Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-05, 16:23

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 5'7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default A forum for T1s Low Carbing

Hi there,

I've asked this before: is there a forum for T1s low carbing? I really appreciate that this forum is here, but I find that most of my posts get pretty much ignored, since most people here are T2- and many of those not on injections yet. So, I guess my question is: how do we create a forum for T1's? A big improvement would be people simply identifying in the subject of their posts what type they are, but I've asked for this before, and it ain't happening. So: if there are any other T1s on this board, might we not create our own forum where things related to our own condition might be discussed more in depth.

I put a lot of time into reading this forum, and into posting to this forum, and it's rare I get any feedback from people who understand my situation, or who can offer substantive advice.

V.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-05, 19:28

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi V!

I'm sorry that you aren't finding what you need here. However, the primary focus of this forum is low carbing and while there are subforums for different medical issues as they relate to low carbing, they are there more to share experiences than to give medical advice and technical assistance.
Dr. Bernstein does support a forum for diabetics at www.diabetes-normalsugars.com. Although you have to register to read and participate, I believe that there are more T1's there with quite a few posts relating to T1 that you might find more helpful.
There are also newsgroups such as alt.support.diabetes that may have a larger number of Type 1's than this forum as well, since the topic there is primarily diabetes, not low carb.
Hope you find what you're looking for!