Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 02:48
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking Tuesday June 29, CAD/CALP support

Ok, I have had it with Induction and not being able to stay on the wagon.

I'm officially back on CAD and loving it.

Now if I can just find that book I'd be set, meanwhile I'll need help along the way.

Thank you all for being here.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 06:21

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Welcome back!

Help is available.. just ask!

I had an alright night last night. I was on my own so I made my famous salmon patties and coleslaw for dinner, followed by a banana with a little ice cream and a few chocolate candies.

Fell asleep watching the election coverage... guess it wasn't as fascinating this time

And tonight! I am going with Ken and the boys to see a midnight early showing of Spiderman! On a weeknight! I am going to try and sleep a little beforehand, but I don't know if that will work out. If not, I am going to be one tired girl tomorrow. But, then I am off starting Thursday for the next week and a half, so I will have lots of time to catch up on my sleep.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 06:37
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Morning all~

Hiya Lily ~ I'm in my second week of my changeover from Atkins to CAD....I'm loving it too!

Tracy....wowza, a midnight showing? Ohhh you are a brave girl ....I feel so old when I talk about not being able to stay up beyond midnight!

Another 2 pounds gone this morning. I am thrilled beyond words and can't thank you all enough for your help & support.

Hugs to you all!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 07:09
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Welcome back Lily!

Tracy, can I get your salmon patty recipe?

Josie!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZA girl!!

Have a super day CADders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 07:10
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

ps. Tracy, I'm so jealous you are getting to see Spiderman!! I probably won't be able to go for a few weeks!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 07:22
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Spiderman, oh cool, we won't get it here for another month or so.

Josie congrat's on the loss.

Becki, how you doing girl?

Take care ya'll!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 08:19

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Salmon patties

They are just my own recipe...veryyy simple.

1 beaten egg, add a full can of salmon, a bit of seasoning (I use a mixed one called 'Some kind of Wonderful', and a bit of oatmeal (breadcrumbs would work too) Form it into patties, I make 3, and fry in butter or whatever. They only take about 7 or 8 minutes to be fully cooked. I top with a mixture of mayo and green relish...sort of like tartar sauce.

mmm
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 08:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 168/164.5/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%

Made it through my first full day, so I am feeling pretty good I think I am going to start a journal so that I can keep track of everything. I weighed again this morning, but my scale sucks--it doesn't seem to be all that consistent, so I either lost a pound or am the same. I think I will go buy a better one today, maybe digital so I can keep track of even 1/2 pounds. The RM meal last night was awesome, but I forgot to make any veggies so it was protein and starch (oops!!) But it was super yummy and I felt full quicker than usual. I really don't like veggies, and don't usually eat them, so any advice from y'all who aren't big veggie eaters would be greatly appreciated! Anyways, good morning and I hope everyone has a good day.

Layney
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

TOM started yesterday. stood on scales today, and it says, "157".

yaaaaaayyyyy!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 12:24

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
Spiderman, oh cool, we won't get it here for another month or so.

Lucky! When I was an Air Force brat in Belgium (at SHAPE) in 1991-1993 it took the better part of 6 months for the base theater to get American movies! Occasionally we'd take the train across to Brussels and see a movie there, it was always amusing to read what swear words translated to in three different languages (subtitles)...at least for the 14 year old I was then.

Anyway, CAD is still going well for me, I'm just trucking along. A little frustrated because TOM is here and the weight hasn't budged at all since I left for vacation almost a month ago, but I haven't gone through TOM once yet without a little mini-whoosh and a new low at the end, so there is no reason not to hope for one now. I just need to be patient...*sigh*
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi everyone. i hope you guys havent given up on me. i was doing ok, then i went on a three day vacation to wildwood and let myself get totally out of control. i felt disugsting and am 2 lbs up today. i swear i am gonna make this work. i still havent gotten through 7 whole days without a cheat, i know if i can do that, i will be on my way and the cravings will start to go away. i need to keep track, one week no cheats!! a personal challenge for me, especially with the july 4th holiday coming up, i know i can go to a bar b que and eat bunless cheeseburgers and a salad, or i can make that my reward meal and eat and drink what i want. i know this is the easiest plan i will ever be on, just kills me that i cant stay in control long enough to see any real results. i am hanging in there and it looks like alot of you are doing great!! well, gonna wake up tomorrow with my positive attitude back and i have to get my butt moving more. hope you all are having a great day.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 18:21

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Hola CADettes!

I'mmmmm bbbbbbaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!

It looks like Lily is too. Maybe we come in pairs? Glad to be here.

Paris