Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 23:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 64
BF:too scared
Progress: 80%
Question any good induction tips?

hey!
hello everybody out there! i am a newbie. i am a full time working mom who has three children and a husband that loves me. that is about my whole life right there. i wouldn't change it for the world.
i just started trying this diet. i have been on several(millions actually)diets and pills ect. does any one have any good advice that will help me stick to it? right now the only troubling or craving i have is i miss cereal and milk a lot.
i try to get 8 glasses of water and stay below 10grams of carbs, am i on the right track?
mgood
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 23:57
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgood
hey!
hello everybody out there! i am a newbie. i am a full time working mom who has three children and a husband that loves me. that is about my whole life right there. i wouldn't change it for the world.
i just started trying this diet. i have been on several(millions actually)diets and pills ect. does any one have any good advice that will help me stick to it? right now the only troubling or craving i have is i miss cereal and milk a lot.
i try to get 8 glasses of water and stay below 10grams of carbs, am i on the right track?
mgood

Sure sounds like you're on the right track. I created a thread for newbies...it answers a lot of the questions I had as I progressed through this WOE.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

Read it and do the things suggested and you'll be fine!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 23:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

The biggest and most helpful thing you can do is buy dr. atkins book for yourself. It answers so many questions and you'll refer back to it often.
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 09:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Hello Mgood,

I think 10 g of carbs is low.
I don't think there is any benefit in going below 20.
This has been addressed on this forum and in the book.

Good Luck! Start a Journal!
Visit the 30 something mom group! We'd love to have you!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 09:49
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi mgood and welcome aboard

Best thing you can do, you've already done, you've decided to adopt a Low Carb way of eating, it seems hard the first few days but then it gets easier, specially when the cravings disappear.

Next, roam around the forum and read other people's journals, you'll find great ideas, inspiration, recipes and friends.

I also keep a food journal at atkins.com, its free and you can keep a journal of what you eat throughout the day, it has a carb counter that you can check to see what foods you're consuming amount too, also an exercise tracker and hundreds of delicious recipes, its worth your while to have a look at.

There are alot of people here who are happy to help you, all you have to do is ask.

Good luck to you.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 10:56

Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Welcome! Hope we can be of help and support.

Have you read up on the diet? The DANDR is like a bible to some of us. We carry it around with us wherever we go.

your carb count is low, I think. You really need those 20 carbs to keep yourself healthy. Check out the list of acceptable foods for induction and stick to that. You will find it easy and filling so you never have to be hungry.

You also don't have alot to lose so don't be discouraged if it goes more slowly than some cases you may see on this forum. The less you have to lose, the slower it goes. But it does go!

Good luck. Keep us posted!

d'lyn