Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power, low fat, low carb
Stats: 118/111/100 Female 5'6
BF:13%
Progress: 39%
Default Anyone tryed the Atkins Fat Fast?

Hello! I have just finished reading the Atkins New Diet Revolution book, and wanted to know if anyone had tryed Atkin's "Fat Fast" for rapid weigh loss for people with stubborn metabolisms. Has anyone had any success on this? Thanks!

Jessica
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 04:48

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I have not tried it... yet. I don't weigh myself every day, nor every week. Today is my 42 day, I lost only 2 1/2 pounds on induction and wasn't real thrilled. I have been exercising 6 days a week at the gym for 4 months now. I drink tons of water, take my vitamens and am at or below the 20 grams of carbs a day & I quit drinking coffee. I am weighing myself this morning - if I haven't lost I am going to do 2 things. First is make an appointment to get my thyroid checked, and 2nd is do the fat fast.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/193/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:BMI 36.8/32/23.5
Progress: 49%
Default A couple of examples of fat fast

Hi, Jessica,

You may already have seen this, but in the list of threads in this subforum is one labeled "Oil Fast" started by timco. This is essentially the Atkins fat fast, except timco wanted to try it with oil instead of some other fat (butter, mayonaisse, etc.).

After I read about his reports (and others on this site), I tried the fat fast for seven days. I reported my experience with it in the same thread ("oil fast"). I'm now in the first week after concluding it, and so far so good. A bit of weight rebound (maybe) but still a net loss.

Most important, the fat fast knocked me off a six week stall. That's what it's good for -- not "rapid weight loss." Dr. Atkins makes a point of saying that it is not a good thing to do UNLESS you're metabolically resistent, and it seems one doesn't know that until you've tried a lot of other things that don't work (such as staying on induction for weeks).

I was fortunately in being able to consume the 1000 calories a day in five portions at 6:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. I was mildly hungry a couple of times, but mostly I was not hungry at all. Dropped eight pounds that week.

Homesar
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 01:59
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power, low fat, low carb
Stats: 118/111/100 Female 5'6
BF:13%
Progress: 39%

Hey thanks for the tips guys! I don't know yet if i'm gonna try it. I haven't really stuck to introduction too strictly... so maybe i'll try the introduction thing again but more strict this time before I decide on the fat fast. I've lost about 6 lbs. in a month... very slow loss, but considering the weight i'm already at, I guess i should have expected it.
Thanks again!

Jessica
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 01:34
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I tried it for 4 days, ended up losing 6 pounds and re-gaining 2 - with a total loss of 4 pounds and have stalled again. Now I'm toying with refeeding and Leptin levels. I will study a bit more before doing it-but you did want to know.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 13:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Uhh how do I put this in a PC way? I think you may have an eating disorder. I am 5'6, and at 120 I wear a 5/6 and look great. If I weighed 100 I would look like Im dying. That is truly unhealthy, I know this sounds incredibly rude, but im sure you are beautiful right now! 100 lbs is ok for someone who is 5 feet tall, but not 5'6.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 16:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 123/122/115 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

WOw, I would have to agree with that. Jessica, I think you are trying to get too thin. I was once 100 lbs and I looked HORRIBLE and I am 2 inches shorter than you!!!! I was hungry constantly and also really cold all the time, even in 70 degree rooms, unless I was wearing a friggin winter parka. You are even a little thin right now (120 for 5'6'' is on the thin side of normal, girl!) Anyway, I know its probably for appearance and not because you think you are "fat" but even still, 120 at 5'6'' LOOKS good!!!!

Cheers!