Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 07:46
Registered Member

Plan: no plan
Stats: 162/162/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Too late to work out?

Hi All!
I work about an hour away from where I live. I wake up at 4AM and my husband and I car pool to work. I'll be at work from 5:30AM until 4 PM. We usually have dinner with my mom and dad since they live down by where we work. We usually don't get home until 8 or 8:30. I just got the Windsor Pilates DVD set (haven't tried it yet but I'm really excited) and plan on either doing them right after work at my mom and dad's or wait until we get home. Keep in mind that we have a 6 month old baby. Is working out at 8 or 9 too late to work out? I know they say that the earlier you work out, the better...but there is no way am I getting out of bed before 4!

Thanks!
April
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 10:24
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I think that would be fine. You have to do what works with your schedule. I've read also that maximum fat burning happens in the morning before eating but I've also read that 1-2 hours after a meal works nearly as well. The difference in fat burning is very small. Some people say that exercising late in the evening prevents them from sleeping well but I have found that it doesn't make a difference for me. These days I'm a mid morning exerciser but if my schedule called for me to be at work during the day, I'd definitely work out in the evening. I am NOT a morning person! LOL!

Denise
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 22:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/185/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 53%

I dont think its too late, I usually work out late at night, actually I just got done now with my tae bo workout... It just de stresses me at the end of the day... I prefer to workout late at night
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 08:33
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

My dh works out at 9 every night about 2 hours after eating. He looks great!