Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:33

Plan: Atkins Restarted 2-2-04 Original weight 243 lbs.
Stats: 228/203/150 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Florida Emerald Coast

I'd love to chat from those in my area and maybe find some good stores to shop at. I'm on week 3 of induction and am always lookin for new foods to try. Reply if your anywhere near the Emerald Coast.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

I lived in Crestview, and went to school in ft.walton! Im in Kansas city right now but moving back to the area sometime in the summer!Where are you at?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:17

BF:

I'm in Ft. Walton!! lol Just moved here a year ago from Missouri. Small world and it sounds like we switched places lol. Great to meet someone that at least has lived here!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:22

LOL I have only lived in Mo for 3mnths Lived in Fl my whole life. My Dad got transferred here to Mo 2 yrs ago finally got transfered back to Fl!So Im moving back to Fl in the summer time I start nursing school in November at Okaloosa Applied Tech!!Do u like Ft.Walton I love it!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:29

BF:

Well I've lived in MO my whole life and my parents moved down here 2 years ago. My husband and I decided it would be a nice place to raise our family (We have a 4 year old son)so we moved here too. We do miss family back home, but we go to visit. Ft. Walton is beautiful and I love going to the beach, as does the rest of the family. That's my goal, to look good in a bathing suit lol. I'm a stay at home mom so I haven't got to meet a whole lot of people except for my husbands friends wives who are all skinny! lol Makes me feel very uncomfortable. They aren't rude or anything, it's just me I guess. Well ok now i'm rambling, so i'll hush :P Nice chattin with ya on here. Hope we can talk more
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:37

LOL,we have alot in common! Well I when my parents moved here I stayed in Fl bc I was pregnant with my son (Colby,22mnths) and I moved in with my boyfriend (now my husband).I moved here 3mnths ago bc I seperated from my husband. I really dont think I want to get back with him( he wants to get back together but it is very complicated), thats why I'm so glad my dad is getting transfered back to Fl (I miss it alot and I'm young so need help from the "rents" until Im finished with school).I also am a stay at home Mom right now I don't know anyone In Mo.I can relate to feeling uncomfortable in front of skinny ppl! I also want to get my beach body back lol.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:47

BF:

That's great that your going to nursing school. I used to be a CNA and almost pursued the nursing career but went to college to be a Computer Technician, got my diploma and haven't done a thing with it since. Our son will be starting school next year and I might go ahead with it then. I am kinda looking for a part time something right now because I hate just sitting here at home.

I guess the reason I haven't got a job yet is my confidence is shot cause I'm not smaller. I feel that nobody will want to hire me cause I have a few lbs on me (more than a few :P)

I was a size 12 before I got pregnant and looked nice and gained 60 lbs. with our son and lost maybe 5 or 6 since then! and he's 4!!! But like I said, I sit on my behind too much lol.

Look, there I go again, goin on and on. You'll have to forgive me, but, once I get to talkin, I find it hard to shut up lol.

Later

Mandy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 15:01

Talking is good lol I am the same way don't worry.I was a cna in florida! I worked at the Emerald Coast Center in Ft.Walton it off of eglin parkway!Don't worry that no one would want to hire you,There are plentyof ppl bigger then you with jobs but I do understand your feelings.We pretty much started at the same weight and have the same goal!I gained 80lbs with my son! and lost maybe 35 right at the beginning then hung on to the rest . I can't use him as an excuse anymore, He is almost 2!This is funny but I was also around a size 11/12.Im amazed by how much we have in common. I cant wait until we are both that size again. This way of life works, My parents have both lost a huge amount of weight and have maintained it! I wish I would of started sooner!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 15:24

BF:

My parents started this diet the same day I did and they both quit yesterday. Said they weren't losing enough weight, I told them that they didn't give it enough time to tell, that some were slow starters, but parents never listen to their kids :P.

I know someone would probably hire me, but it's that darn self confidence! lol

It is amazing how much we have in common, I'm glad I made this post. I was trying to decide if I should, figuring there was nobody out there! lol
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 15:39

I bet when they see you results they will change there mind lol. When my parents started their diets I said there was no way I could do atkins now after seeing their results Im very happy I gave it a chance.I know exactly what you mean about self image (we are our worst critics).When I was a size 11 I thought I was fat now I think I was just crazy lol especially when I look at pictures.By the way so I dont cheat i posted pic of myself skinny on the fride and snack cabinet it is working!!It is a very small world!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 15:48

BF:

Yeah I can't wait to get to a weight where I am happy with myself. I too thought I was fat when I wasn't and the pictures almost make me wanna cry lol. That's a good idea about the picture on the fridge, but, I really don't have a problem with cravings anymore.

Yesterday we went to my parent's house for dinner and they had roast with au gratin potatoes (used to be one of my faves along with mashed potatoes). Anyway, I had my roast and my salad and the potatoes didn't even tempt me. I was very proud of myself.

Glad to see that your doing well at this and your parents too. I was really looking forward to having my parents do this with me but since they quit I'll be looking for support even more from this forum lol.

My grandmother is diabetic and also started the Atkins diet 2 days before I did. The funny thing is, neither of us knew the other one was until a few days ago when I called her and told her lol. She laughed and said "ME TOO!!" So I can still call her and tell her all the wonderful recipes and support I find here since she's computer illiterate lol.

Thanks for all the chattin
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 16:01

Good for you! it took me a little while to get rid of the cravings (I have a bad sweet tooth) but now im doing good!My Mom lost 70lbs a yr ago and has maintained her wt.It took her only 6mnths to lose.My dad lost 60lbs about 6mnths ago and has maintained too.It took him about 3mnths (i hate him j/k,man lose alot faster them women).So they don't have to lose anymore but still are maintaining so it is good to have them around! I use this site for support too, I love it I wish I would of found it before I started Atkins it has really kept me motivated!Thats so funny that you and you grandma started with around the same time and didnt know it! My father inlaw is diabetic he should really do this diet too.It has been great chatting!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 16:02

opps men not man lose faster lol
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 16:20

BF:

Yeah I've noticed that men seem to have lost more faster.
That's great about your mom and dad. That's really an inspiration to hear.

Yeah it was funny that we both started around the same time and didn't know. I told her that we were on the same wave length lol.

I found this forum by googling for low carb recipes and am SOO glad I did. Well I've talked your eyeballs off today. I better quit for a few hours! lol

Later

Mandy
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 17:32

yup they do lose faster!I found this site from a search too!Well it was nice chatting with ya!If you ever need encouragement or advice I'll be glad to help! I also would love to hear about your success with atkins so keep me up to date!