Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 06:03

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Wednesday, January 28

Rise and shine!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 07:24

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was good yesterday - a little high calorie-wise, but this is a regular event on Tuesday (youngest step-daughter visits - she loves Spinach salad & fried okra and never gets them at homes so... both are high cal) My ketosis stayed within the safe range - something that really worried me as I was far too low on carbs Monday. Weight this AM - 176 lbs

Total calories: 2033
Fat: 142 gms 1280 cal 64%
Sat: 44 gms 392 cal 20%
Poly: 39 gms 349 cal 17%
Mono: 48 gms 430 cal 22%
Carbs: 50 gms 147 cal 7% ECC:37 gms
Fiber: 13 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 143 gms 573 cal 29%

Breakfast:
3 egg omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
12 ozs coffee and 8 ozs sugar-free breakfast drink with 3/4 T pysillum power

Snack:
1 oz pecans (dry roasted)

Lunch:
1 can tuna (water-pack) with 1 T french onion dip
1 cup LC mixed veggies with 1 t butter

Dinner:
6 ozs turkey meatloaf (.5 egg, 1 T meatloaf mix, 6 ozs ground turkey)
1.5 cup Spinach Salad
1 cup fried okra - breaded

About 90 ozs water & 12 ozs coffee

Bawdy,
You asked about the list - it actually got longer and more complex - check your email as the details are bit too personal for the web. For newbies - I have had several on-going problems in my family - adult stepchild with a drinking problem - near the point of having her children taken away, my mother's rapidly declining health, my favorite aunt's rapidly declining health, illness of my 23 yo son, severe job stress for my spouse and several other problems - things have been awfully tough lately. I'm sure the long-term members have notice my uncharacteristic lack of humor and playfulness - this is taking its toll on me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 08:47

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hello~
Years ago I bought the Protein Power Kit........was just not in the right emotional place at the time to stick to it..........three years ago I started Atkins and as of this summer was down to 194 from 340.......I have tried every "diet" under the sun over the years before that and lc is the only thing that ever worked for me......I am back up to 225 since falling off the CAD wagon over the holidays.......I am rereading PP and trying to figure out what to do.........the thing is........on Atkins I stay on induction and the loss is VERY slow........I would like to eat a more balanced meal plan as in PP but not sure what will work for me at this point......I have so many lc plans rampaging around in my head I don't know what to do~
Any suggestions?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:50

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Welcome Allura
Most of us have been where you are. I also lost very slowly on Atkins. The problem for me was I was eating a ton of fat to keep from getting hungry - which meant I was eating a lot of calories. Since ketosis only indicates you are burning fat for fuel - not if the fat is coming from your thighs or your dinner plate - it is entirely possible to be in ketosis and stalled.

The key for me was to lower my calorie intake. I did this on Atkins and felt awful - listless with no stamina. This was what lead me to switch to PP - since uping my protein, I have found I can keep my calories in a range that keeps me losing without feeling rotten or starving.

I'm sure the other members will offer their insights as well.

Again, welcome - this is a great place to get support while you're figuring out what you need to do.

Renee
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:35

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thanks so much for the reply Renee~ Nice to meet you~
I guess you answered my big question~
Even though my rate of lose was soooooo slow on Induction level carbs (Atkins) could I actually lose by upping them as in PP? Nice to hear you did~
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 10:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi folks. I've been neglecting the PP forum and my journal. Now that I'm reading the old PP again for the heck of it, I feel more focused on PP than my previous "make it up as you go along" plan.

Allura, I can relate to doing a bit of everything. Is PP making a lot of sense to you? I'm sure you'd do well on it, if that's the way you'd like to go. It's more than flexible enough to tweak if you're still not losing. Keep us posted!

(edit) : IMHO, there's a lot more behind the rate of weight loss than just the carb count. It could be factors like water, nutrients, exercise, food sensitivies like dairy, nuts, eggs or artificial sweeteners... and no two people are alike so it's a heck of a lot of trial and error to crack the code. Good luck.

Last edited by Kristine : Wed, Jan-28-04 at 10:47.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:20

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Allura, welcome And welcome back Kristine.

Orang, I am sorry to hear that life is basically sucking for you right now on different levels. If you need a good laugh, I will send you a copy of my most recent bank statement

Calories were high for me too yesterday-around 2000 but it was all 'clean'
food. I did upper body pyramid weight training yesterday aft for 30 min and boy was I hungry after that. I made a pan of chicken thighs in lc non-tomato bbq sauce and wound up eating most of it (but not the sauce)!!!

I also got a workout cleaning off my car this am after some ice and 5 " of snow.

Work is nuts, so this is kind of short. Wanted to say Hi to everone.
Elaine