Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 18:03

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 183/173/130
BF:
Progress: 19%
Talking New in MI - day 3!!!!!

Just wanted to say I am going to make it work! YES> I will lose the weight. I will be 130 lbs again. (it's only 50 lbs to go).
I am just excited to find a support group.
I think I had more fun grocery shopping today than I EVER have in my 33 yrs of life! hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lana & minnieme 1.jpg (228.0 KB, 59 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 20:02

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi darinda

Welcome to the most wonderful site on the Inet!!!

If it's support you were looking for, this is the place to be. The people here are just so wonderful, and I've met such neat friends here ... and nobody judges - since we're all in the same boat ...

There are alot of very knowledgable people here, and then there are the cheering section (that's where I'm in ) besides I like playing with all the smilies.... I haven't figured out all the tricks of the trade here yet, but feel free to surf around in here. ... ya' can't hurt anything... if you happen to get where your "not supposed to be", it'll just give ya a message ...

Beautiful horses by the way ... I absolutely LOVE horses (well all of God's creatures)

Talk later, and I hope you find this site as much fun as I have!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-02, 20:29

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm in Traverse City - need a buddy?

Darinda!

HEY! I live near Traverse City too. I'm 37, 5'4" - I've been doing Atkins since 1998 - successfully! Do you have time for a local Atkins friend ? - I'm looking for one.

If so please email or private message me (go to your profile and check yes to private message receiving/sending) or just reply below.

(my mother in law trains horses in dressage down in Ithaca, MI).
Nancy

Last edited by nsmith4366 : Wed, Apr-17-02 at 21:30.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 02:48

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Darinda

Welcome to this forum. It is a great place to come for support, advice and information.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the shops. I find it so easy to shop for this way of life.

Every success with your goal. Have you considered joining Fitday.com to keep track of the food you eat. It is certainly an easy way out.

Keep surfing around this site, but the way you will not be able to send a private message to nsmith until you have made 25 posts on this site. I'd just reply below, by hitting the post reply button.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 04:06

BF:
Thumbs up thanks!

Doing great! Lost 3 lbs so far. WHOA. I'm excited. Nancy, guess I can't use the private message thing until I've made like 25 posts or something. But feel free to email me. It's on my profile.
THanks everyone for your support. THis is great!!!
Horses horses horses. hee hee
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-02, 05:35

BF:
Progress:

Darinda, can't find your email in your profile. Go to Edit profile and select "no don't hide email" or whatever. ..or you can always reply to this post 25 times!! ha ha ha
N
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 04:18

BF:
Talking Still doing great!

Nancy, well I don't have the email marked so you can't see it. Hmmm. Don't understand that one. email is:
lanamcginty~hotmail.com
Day five of my diet...I feel great! wow. Yesterday was the easiest so far. I'm slowly losing the "craving" feeling for sweets. Now I'm off to print out some receipes!
Working half a day today, then off to ride my pony! haha LIFE IS GOOD
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/192/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just wanted to wish you luck on this diet. I have the same goal weight as you and the same starting weight.

The forum is great when you need advise, encouragement, etc.

All the best.

Sue
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 03:37

BF:
Talking ONE WEEK!!!

Well, I just have to say that it's been a whole week! I've lost 7 lbs., and have been eating STEAK! hahaha It was hard at first because I realllly wanted sweet stuff, but am so glad for the sugar free jello! Has saved me! This is working for me! My boyfriend has actually started it too! I still have a long way to go, but I feel so much better w/o the carbs, that I know this is a life long thing for me. I can't give up this time.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 04:13

BF:
Progress:

CONGRATS!

Tell us a little about your history - did you give up before? WHY?

Nancy (I can't believe it snowed!)
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 18:47

BF:
Talking 8lbs and still counting!!!!

OK..a little about me now. I have tried every diet pill, drink, etc. around. I've always been that 15-20 lbs over weight, but never could drop it. THEN, 2 yrs ago, my mom died, and I was down to 140lbs. I felt great, but was on depression medicine. GAINED 40lbs!!!! +! So, I got off the medication this winter, and a friend of mine gave me this book (Dr. Atkin's)....I didn't think I could do it b/c I just LOVE my coffee! BUT...after trying on this realllly cute outfit I used to be able to wear...and this time NOT fitting into it... I realized. THIS IS IT. I've GOT to do something. So I did. Now, I've lost 8lbs, and am feeling better! THe swelling in my right ankle from a sprain last fall, is gone! whoa! I sleep better, and don't feel hungry for junk food anymore! I actually don't feel hungry! All in all, this is one of the best things I could have done for myself. So, to anyone else reading this...DO NOT give up! You can do it! Here's to happy days w/o carbs! Lana