Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 22:16

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Twenty minutes walking in the neighborhood. I walked with nothing but my house keys. No iPod, no purse, no water. As light as I can go. I fixed my hair so it wouldn't fly in my face, and I didn't have to wear a hat. I enjoyed feeling the evening breeze in my face.

I've discovered that my purpose in walking is to spy on the neighbors and critique their landscaping and exterior decor. One of my neighbors has painted his house black. Seriously. It looks okay, though, if a little bleak. Better than the houses that are painted a weird pinky-flesh tone. Some folks are watering the parking strip ONLY TO THE EDGE OF THEIR PROPERTY. THEY are keeping their lawns green. Their next door neighbors are going with the seasonal rainfall pattern and let their lawns go dormant. So you get these strips that are half green and half end-of-summer-drought-beige. Ridiculous.

The other purpose I've discovered for a 20 minute walk is as a warm-up. For dancing.

Danced salsa for 20 minutes in my socks to Ruben Blades and the Spanish Harlem Orchestra's "Across 110th Street". Most Excellent.

May I be ambulatory and dancing 'till the day I die.

Last edited by ImOnMyWay : Sun, Aug-12-18 at 22:32.