Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 17:35

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
Bill, I'm going to cook my pancakes in it tonight and see how it goes.

Nat

Pancakes!?!??!?!?!? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 17:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Frankly a spoonful isn't awful - it's kinda sweet actually.

Yep. It doesn't taste bad at all in fact almost no taste at all.

When I got home from work my temp was 98.1. I swallowed a spoonful about 20 minutes ago and my temp is now 99.1.

Wow!!!!!!

I'm going to have get out the ol cholesterol meter and check in the morning to see if there is any change.

Bill
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:15

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default hey!

Yo Buffy!

Quote:
Bill, I'm going to cook my pancakes in it tonight and see how it goes.

No carb talk in here until the weekend is closer ... unless you are cooking protein pancakes ... LOL ...
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:19

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

LMAO, me? Carb up? (this is me running like a frightened turkey in late November)

Cottage Cakes (and they still taste devine done in coconut butter/oil/paste whatevah)

N
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by billw
When I got home from work my temp was 98.1. I swallowed a spoonful about 20 minutes ago and my temp is now 99.1.

Just curious, Bill, have you tried a tbsp of butter then the temp thing? And are you drinking anything with the oil? The empiricist in me has to know

N
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:35

BF:

I haven't tried just butter. That might be a good experiment in the morning.

This evening I just swallowed a spoonful but I did wash it down with a swig of water that was room temp.

This morning I melted it in a cup of warm coffee. Not hot, I usually put 1 ice cube in the mug to cool it down a little. I've been doing the plain coffee for months and when I have checked my temp after cardio it has been around 97.

I have been keeping close tabs on my temps for the last 3 weeks and by 9:00am it is about 97.3 by noon it is usually 97.9 and it has been peaking at 98.4 by 3:00 before declining the rest of the evening back to 97 by bedtime around 10:00pm.

The only thing I have changed this week was adding the coconut oil monday night before dinner at 7:00pm and 1 tblsp yesterday morning I didn't have any last night. 1 tblsp this morning and 1 tblsp this evening.

Bill
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:42

BF:
Default Re: hey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Trainerdan
Yo Buffy!

No carb talk in here until the weekend is closer ... unless you are cooking protein pancakes ... LOL ...

LOL! Nat is fixing those official Atkins pancakes.

HEHEHEHEHE

#23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:42

BF:

Wow, bill. I think I finally met someone who keeps as detailed records as I do You'll be greatful for this later on - believe me. I've been tracking BBT and daily temp readings since November 2001 and being able to refer back has helped me tremendoulsy in the last few months.

Good thing you're a guy, or I'd suggest that increase was due to ovulation

Nat

ps. On the pancakes - they're my own, no 'fake mix' stuff in them. and they're damned good
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 18:59

BF:

Quote:
Wow, bill. I think I finally met someone who keeps as detailed records as I do You'll be greatful for this later on - believe me. I've been tracking BBT and daily temp readings since November 2001 and being able to refer back has helped me tremendoulsy in the last few months.

Good thing you're a guy, or I'd suggest that increase was due to ovulation

Nat

ps. On the pancakes - they're my own, no 'fake mix' stuff in them. and they're damned good

Yes I have been pretty anal about keeping records since the first of the year. Bg's up to 5 times a day in the begining I'm down to 3 times a couple days and 2 times the rest.

I started tracking meals in fit day back in march and found I had been eating only 1500 cals a day for a while. Thats about when I stalled. Tried everything to break it with no success then I figured out the body temp thing about a month ago right before trying CKD.

LMAO no ovaries here.

just kidding on the pancakes. Now I craving them. Cooked in coconut oil I tried those Atkins Pancakes once. YUCK!

Bill
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:27

Plan: CKD
Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

how do you guys track your temperatures??? What would be a good way for me to start doing this? When should I get a baseline temp???
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:33

Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Re: My own little experiment

Quote:
Bill, I used your info for my own little experiement this afternoon..... I will keep experimenting - my 'high' point is usually around 5 pm, I plan on eating some coconut oil at 4:30

So what were the results of your little experiment Nat Did you buy the coconut oil today after you saw this post? If so where? I tried one store after work and they didnt have it. I remember years ago using coconut oil as sun tanning lotion {it was in paste form, but melted in the sun} sounds like the same stuff.

So if I get a craving for a chocolate bar a Bounty Bar would be a good choice eh!

Lesley
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:34

BF:

Hi bigdaddy, Get a good thermometer. A glass mercury one will be most accurate. I wasn't able to find one localy since they are being banned. I got a digital one for about $10.

Keep the thermometer by your bed and when you wake up take your temp before you get out of bed. Take it again every 3 hours. Average the first three temps and if the average is below 97.9 your metabolism may have slowed down or you may have a thyroid system problem.

bill
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:36

Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Digital thermometer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDaddy32
how do you guys track your temperatures??? What would be a good way for me to start doing this? When should I get a baseline temp???

There is a thread in General Health regarding good thermometers with tips on how to use them you might want to check out.

The morning is the best time to take your temp before getting out of bed. Others can probably elabourate on this more.

Lesley
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:36

Plan: CKD
Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally posted by billw
Hi bigdaddy, Get a good thermometer. A glass mercury one will be most accurate. I wasn't able to find one localy since they are being banned. I got a digital one for about $10.

Keep the thermometer by your bed and when you wake up take your temp before you get out of bed. Take it again every 3 hours. Average the first three temps and if the average is below 97.9 your metabolism may have slowed down or you may have a thyroid system problem.

bill

thanks bill, heres some info you might be interested in:

http://www.coconut-info.com/weight-loss.htm
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 19:47

BF:

Thanks bigdaddy for posting the link. That was one of the sites I had seen before. I need to get better at posting them for others.