Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 11:13

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default The Lean, Mean, Fishn' Machine

Well, you have coerced me into starting a gym log, on top of the regular journal.

It always seemed redundant to me, but this Fitness Challenge has gotten the juices flowing, and I know that I will need all the support and motivation I can muster.

Got in a great workout yesterday, for my first day on the Challenge.

Regular Canadian Air Force routine prior to breakfast, done between 5:30 and 6:00 AM.

Then, after breakfast, 20 minutes of weight lifting, with an extra set of bench press to finish up. Got my bench bar set at 110 lbs, usually do 3 sets of 10, but sometimes only make 7 or 8 on the last set.

Then, 64 minutes on the Nordic Trak, attempting to sprint the last 4 minutes and build up a 2 minute plus oxygen debt. I also do 30 second sprints at every 10 minute interval, just to keep the heart rate up and make my lungs work on recovery while continuing to work. Watched "Lawrence of Arabia" while traking yesterday.

Had to take parents to clinic for a new prescription right after lunch, and after getting through that, I came home and did a 5 mile walk/jog on a county road. Did quite a bit of running as I was able to go with shorts, running shoes and just a wind breaker over a cotton tee. I can really feel the results in my lower legs and hips this morning.

Got in 4 sets of situps on the incline board during the day. (Part of them during CAF, and during weight circuit, but one extra set before supper, also.)

I have noticed that my body is attempting to adjust and get much more efficient. Would usually be great, but not when I want to burn more fat!

My pulse in the morning, on first arising, is almost never over 54 now, and has been as low as 46. But my blood pressure is good also. Reached a new low, for me, of 116/79 with a pulse of 46 last week. When I started Atkins, six months ago, my blood pressure was about 160/105, pulse about 68-70.

Amazing what the human body can do to make itself more efficient and conservative of fat stores, neh?

Keep on, keepn' on!
Sponsored Links