Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 14:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Fluidity Bar -- Have the Body of a Dancer without Being a Dancer!

OK, so I (yet again) fell for an Infomercial. This time I ordered the Fluidity bar. Check out fluidity.com. It's basically a portable ballet barre -- my flexibility has gone down somewhat, and I know this will help. I've never enjoyed yoga or pilates, but this looks like something I'll enjoy. I've always wanted one.

DH and I are renovating our cellar, part of which will house all our exercise equipment. Finally we'll be able to spread it out! I hadn't told him that he was going to be installing a ballet barre for me. Now he doesn't have to! I do think that I'll do a wall section of mirrored tile, though, so I can check form while doing barre work and also free weights. No, he doesn't know that yet either!

Well, it came yesterday and I did my first workout today. Always in the past I've watched the DVD first -- while sitting on the couch usually with a beer! This time, since there's no room for alcohol in my plan (see journal, if interested), I started on the couch holding the remote. It wasn't even a minute into the introduction when I decided to just go ahead and get my first workout in.

Man, did it ever kick my butt!!! The leg exercises were fine -- grueling, but doable. I was even considering moving up to the Intermediate workout. Then came the ab exercises. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Beginner's workout for a while! I could do maybe 3 reps, rest for 5, another 3 reps, rest for 5, etc. That's ok. It will take time.

I can tell it will do amazing things for my body, though, way more so than the Bowflex (which I still love and will continue to do). With the barre, each and every exercise seems to work your entire body at once.

With shipping & handling, plus an extra DVD for thighs and buns, it came to about $240. Not bad for a piece of equipment that works your entire body. It also comes with an exercise ball and some bands.

PLUS, my company just put a new policy in place for fitness equipment. They'll reimburse you up to $150 a year for the purchase of fitness equipment, gym memberships, weight-loss plans (like WW or Jenny Craig -- yuck!). So, it will end up costing me about $90.

Just thought I'd mention it here, since I did a search and it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere on this forum. I figured SOMEONE out there may have seen the infomercial and wondered about it.

I'd love to have a Fluidity Friend!
Sponsored Links