Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 10:07
Modified :)

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default BFL Newbie - couple of questions

Right, I'm starting BFL exercise properly on Sunday. I have two goals.... loose fat and gain muscle. I am planning to stay on Atkins for the moment at least.

From reading some bbuilding forums it seems these goals are sort of polar opposites, especially while limiting carbs - anyone have any opinions on that?

Worst case I can accept that I can do BFL with Atkins to loose weight and gain strength, then can look at BFL with BFL diet or similar in the sort of bulking/cutting cycle type thing - I've heard that you're better to loose the fat first, then workout while doing highish carbs, protein and calories to pack on the muscle - does that sound right ?

Given my dual goals etc, and my available time, I'm doing my workouts first thing in the morning (6.30 ish) and I'm doing them fasted (both weights & HIIT). I'm taking Saturday off workout (but not having a "cheat day" off Atkins) which gives me a couple of choices on Sunday - workout fasted in the am the same as every other day (although this could give me problems because I'm through with my daughter overnight once a month and not back till Sunday afternoon), or workout after eating loads later into the day..... I'm thinking that if I've been eating and it's later in the day, I should be stronger so could go heavier on these..... so I'd basically go:-

Heavy UBWO
CV
Lighter LBWO
CV
Lighter UBWO
CV
Off
Heavy LBWO
CV
Lighter UBWO
CV
Lighter LBWO
CV
Off

Does that sound like it would be useful?

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links