Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 20:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/247/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%
Cool Mia Wants That Body!!

Welcome to my gym log!!

I have finally gotten back on track for a little while now and have been exercising relatively faithfully for almost a week. My accomplishments this week include:

Friday
50 minute brisk walk

Saturday
50 minute brisk walk

Sunday
rest

Monday
rest

Tuesday
60 mins - LWTLW2 (legs, glutes, upper body, abs)
stretching

Wednesday
40 mins - LWTLW2 (legs, glutes, abs)
stretching

Supplements every day

2 multivitamins
L-glutamine (5g)
B vitamin stress formula

I ordered 3 fitness dvds from amazon last night. I can't remember which ones, only that they seemed really awesome from the reviews. They will be arriving next week so I cant' wait to incorporate them into my workout routine. So far I have only been working out with Kathy Smith and I love it. The time just flies by when working out with ole' Kathy, which is better than working out on the stationary bike or treadmill (which drags on for eternities).

My goals are to increase my exercise to an hour a day (eventually 2 hours a day), six days a week: 50% weight training, 50% cardio. I also want to work my abs (intensely) six days a week. I also would love to lose an inch off my belly a week (maybe that is too ambitious......but we'll see after a few weeks if this is feasible).

These are my current measurement stats:

bust - 49
waist - 45
belly- 52
hips - 48
thigh - 29
bicep - 16

My goal measurements are:

bust - 38
waist - 29
belly- 32
hips - 38
thigh - 19 (i have no idea what a slim/fit thigh for someone of my height measures at)
bicep - 14

(my calves are already muscular and shapely and are slender at the ankle, so there is no need for improvement there - probably the only part of my body that I can say that about )

So, obviously, my challenge here is to significantly reduce my lower belly (which is huge compared to the rest of me). I am focused on strict LC supplemented by regular cardio and weight training to shave off that blubber.

Last edited by Mia-Chloe : Wed, Jul-21-04 at 21:15.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 00:32

BF:

I went for an hour long walk today with my MIL (who walks extremely FAST) and I was huffing and puffing the whole time. Found it hard to talk, which means I should have been in fat burning mode. I wanted to weight train my upper body today, but there was no time (since i should do it before cardio). I will do upper body tomorrow and no cardio, which should be soooooo much better (because I'm not afraid to say: I hate cardio )
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 01:59

Stats: 223/205/160 Female 171cm
BF:42%/37%/??
Progress: 29%

He he , I don't like the cardio that much either but it will get easier as we continue to shrink and dont have to carry all this weight on our legs (my right knee has been killing me for 4 months now).
I did Abs, legs yesterday and my 1mile on the thredmil - completed in 15 mins (down from 20mins the previous day). Are you working out today? I feel a bit lazy as its hot and sunny here and I just want to sit on the grass in my lunch break. I wish we had an open air gym!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 06:32

BF:

Well, I have great news. I have been exericising intensly (for me, at least) for one whole week and my measurements have shrunk. My goal was to lose an inch off my belly a week and I have achieved that goal this week!

Updated Stats:

Waist 45 ---- now 43.5
Belly 52 ----- now 50.5

bicep, bust, thigh, hips- unchanged

My problem areas were my waist and belly, so I am pleased to see that's where the weight is coming off!! Let's face it, it would suck if the weight came off my already skinny ankles
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-04, 19:41

BF:

Yesterday I took a day off exercise. Today I tried to do Kathy Smiths LWTLW 2 for lower body and I was soooooo tired I could barely get through the moves. Even during the warmup I was suffering. I finished the workout, however, and got a good sweat going. And now my MIL wants me to go for a 3 mile walk with her tonight. I don't know if I can keep up with her jogging paced walk. I don't know why, but I feel so physically beat. I've been taking l-glutamine, which has helped with the pain, but I do need something to give me a boost during a workout (hopefully not carbs). Maybe I should try caffiene or something......
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-04, 11:58

Hi Mia, just coming from amazon and Kathy Smith's dvd's are only suitable for USA and Canada ( I am in UK). What a shame. Thanks for your advice. There are some excellent reviews on the "Bottoms up" book but again I have to weight 10-14 days for it to arrive from USA. So off to a bookshop tomorrow to see if they have it. I don't want to wait that long.
Might have to skip gym in order to go to the bookstore as I workout in my lunch breaks in the gym at work. Must try and find some dumbbells to buy too.. but the damn things are so expensive I hope when I get them they repay well!

Vess
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 16:06

BF:

yesterday I had a light day of exercise. I just went to the park for a bbq and walked casually around the lake. Didn't work up a sweat at all. Tonight I will either do LWTLW2 or go for a brisk 1 hour walk. So far the weight loss and inches are good. I'm down 11% of my weight and haven't checked my measurements, but assume they are also shrinking since my clothes feel a bit looser and my body feels more flexible.

Vess, I'm sorry to hear you coudn't get the dvds and that the bookstore didn't have the joyce vedral book. That certainly is a shame!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 02:17

Hey Mia,
I ordered Bottoms up from Amazon yesterday - should arrive in 10-14 days! I can't wait. I want to organise my exercise a bit more. By then I will just workout at the gym at work doing whatever I feel like doing for the day - not very good probably but better than no exercise at all