Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 08:15

Plan: who knows???
Stats: 208/173/175 Male 66"
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default Taking the Plunge

I've decided a re-commitment is due. Not because I've failed at anything and not for any single incident, its just time.

Since October I've been stuck at or near 177. I was happy with this for awhile, but as they tend to do, things have changed. I have analyzed the situation and decided what I'm WILLING to do about it.

Workout History - Ive not skipped workouts, as a matter of fact in January I had 15 weight training workouts (afternoon) and 11 supplemental workouts (morning) consisting of core strengthening and stretching. I even started walking at lunch when its nice outside. I see more definition in my muscles, so I know that slowly the composition is changing, it just needs a boost.

Diet History - Ive been very religious about my weekly diet, I have no problems sticking to it. My area of weakness is the weekend. I have been allowing myself to eat anything from Friday night till 12 midnight Saturday. This does an excellent job of keeping me sane and full of energy, but has cut my losses to nothing. I figured out this weekend that I ate an ADDITIONAL 3500 calories during this time.

The PLAN - Track my diet, no more carb friendly days for the month of February. Continue my morning and evening workout routine. At the end of the month, Ill re-evaluate and see where I am at.

The Goal - 170. Its as simple as that. I haven't been that light since I got out of the Marine Corp in 1991. I don't expect to hit that in a month, but if I can get close, say 173 or so, I think I will get more motivation.

Any suggestions to aid me in this endeavor will be graciously accepted.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-08, 09:40

BF:

Calories Yesterday - 1344
184 protein
17 carbs (I round all <1 to 1, so this may be high) and most of those carbs were right before the gym
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 14:06

BF:

174.2 today.

Dont think I can make 170 by the end of the month, but we'll see how close I CAN get!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 06:15

BF:

171.6 is the end total for the month.

A lot closer than I thought I would get, and I learned a lot over the month, so I consider February to be a success. Maybe Ill do this one more time before summer, I definitely have another 10 lbs or so I can still lose.

1400 calories keeps me in deficit.
1600 calories stalls my losses.
Need to start the mornings with high calories (4-600)
Keep the evenings high protein before and after workout
A few 10-20 carbs before the gym seems to be a positive for me
I need to drink more water (but I do love coffee so)
Morning workouts not only help fat loss, but make me feel better during the day.