Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-07, 09:50

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

I think alot of this depends on your goals. If you are exercising purely for enjoyment and health reasons, then I do believe that carbs should be kept as low as possible. I do alot of running and I keep carbs close to zero. I do just fine.

Could I perhaps run faster if I added carbs? Sure. But I am not a competitive runner and really do not care how fast I can run. I run for the health benefits and for the enjoyment of it. The quality of the exercise does not depend on how fast you run, or how much weight you can lift......it depends on the amount of effort you put forth.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-07, 09:58

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

I never said anything about no carbs. I eat anywhere from 30-60 per day (weight loss phase). And I wasn't trying to be harsh, I am just curious why the other poster seems hell bent on adding carbs. Maybe I am not understanding their particular version of "loading".

If you are eating enough protein, you do not need extra carbs.

I guess I was naive in thinking the carbo loading thing was debunked well enough. Since it isn't, here is more info....

http://books.google.com/books?id=B4...n1h22khrPVSLqA4
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 14:44

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 100 inches
BF:I wish I knew!
Progress: 85%

similar discussion in a previous post

http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/...p/t-236329.html
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 02:29
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifezilla
If you are eating enough protein, you do not need extra carbs.

Diemde, good posts!

To the OP's OQ--I find that if I eat the carbs in a mixed meal, they are less likely to make me hungry. When I refeed, I like to spread my food throughout the day in smaller meals to work with any need to graze. As for specific foods--I actually find oats make me hungrier. Weird, because they're supposed to be lower GI from the fiber, but whutever. Corn and potatoes (both white and sweet) are good for me. White bread, forget it, though shredded wheat cereal is fine. As Dianne mentioned, you gotta self-experiment.