Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 155/160/165 Male 5'10"
BF:15%/12%/10%
Progress: 50%
Default Forget the Weights, Forget the Cardio...

There is a new "e-book" on the website that got me into bodyweight workouts (www.mattfurey.com) with the provocative title of "Forget the Weights, Forget the Cardio", it is available for free download to all who sign up for his e-mail list.

For those ready to "think outside the box", or outside the gym in this case, or interested in another type of workout to hit the body with (which we should all be interested in, as you should change your workout frequently for continued gains), I though I'd let you know about it. I don't work for this guy, I am just a fan. As an alternative (and for even more hard-core bodyweight routines), www.dragondoor.com is another great site. Happy working out!

Forget the Weights, Forget the Cardio: http://www.mattfurey.com/subscribethanks.html
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 15:25

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Kudos for Matt Furey. I enjoy his material.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-05, 13:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/204/170 Female 58
BF:
Progress: 24%

Ok, has anyone tried his fat loss program? I am fascinated by his material so far, but suspicious of paying for information. Is it B.S.? And what is it?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-05, 19:16

I haven't tried it, but I bet it's pretty good. It's probably not necessary for most people, but some may find it helpful and just the information they needed.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 155/160/165 Male 5'10"
BF:15%/12%/10%
Progress: 50%
Wink

I have tried his: combat conditioning, combat stretching, "fat loss program", handstand training, and carpal tunnel program. They are all great -- the "fat loss" diet, I was using before I started eating low-carb, it is actually pretty similar, essentially, he has you eating meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, eggs, I think dairy, and 1 meal a week you eat whatever the hell you want. Solid. Sort of like the 'carb addicts', or 'paleo diet' books. I actually ended up getting acid reflux during the time I was following his diet, but it's not his fault, I was eating the wrong things. Then again, that shows why you need a more comprehensive explanation of diet, ala atkins, protein power, etc.

as for his workout programs, they are great and worth every cent, imho. he is very biased against weights, but then he was a personal trainer for a long time, and a champion in wrestling/martial arts so he knows what he's talking about.

if you want to know more, sign up for his email list, like i tell everyone, and see how it hits you!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhi
I have tried his: combat conditioning, combat stretching, "fat loss program", handstand training, and carpal tunnel program. They are all great -- the "fat loss" diet, I was using before I started eating low-carb, it is actually pretty similar, essentially, he has you eating meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, eggs, I think dairy, and 1 meal a week you eat whatever the hell you want. Solid. Sort of like the 'carb addicts', or 'paleo diet' books. I actually ended up getting acid reflux during the time I was following his diet, but it's not his fault, I was eating the wrong things. Then again, that shows why you need a more comprehensive explanation of diet, ala atkins, protein power, etc.

as for his workout programs, they are great and worth every cent, imho. he is very biased against weights, but then he was a personal trainer for a long time, and a champion in wrestling/martial arts so he knows what he's talking about.

if you want to know more, sign up for his email list, like i tell everyone, and see how it hits you!

"he has you eating meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, eggs, I think dairy, and 1 meal a week you eat whatever the hell you want. Solid."

I agree, sounds pretty solid to me.

When you developed acid reflux, you weren't by chance taking antibiotics late in the evening, were you? I got acid reflux about 10 years ago from doing this. A couple of days of Prevacid did the trick and not a single problem since.