Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 12:52
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/153/150 Female 5'3
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 92%
Question Any success with Windsor Pilates?

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with the Winsor Pilates tapes? I am needing to lose some extra weight from my last pregnancy and wondered if this would possibly help? My belly just isn't the same

Thanks!
Erin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 18:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/180/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 76%

Actually I've been doing Winsor Pilates for about two months now. I haven't had the success with it as I expected to have. I was a little disappointed. Then someone pointed out to me that you have to do Pilates in conjunction with some cardio as well.
So about two weeks ago I started walking. It's been too soon to tell if there's a dramatic difference, but I'm hoping!

But one thing I can say is that I definitely notice that my body seems firmer. My stomach for sure. I noticed it seemed flatter after having only done it for about 3 weeks.
My thighs have gotten tighter, too!
So, I'm sticking with it, along with more cardio.

I'd say give it a try. It's a little tough when you first start, but it doesn't take long to get it down.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:54
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/153/150 Female 5'3
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 92%

Thanks macintosh for your post! You are doing awesome on your weight loss! How in the world have you lost so much? Atkins or something else? I am just amazed. I am really wanting these tapes but didn't know much about them. Thanks again!

Erin
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 21:16

Stats: 310/180/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well I started out with Atkins and lost about 70 lbs in 5 - 6 months. When I went off Atkins I gained about 20 - 30 lbs back because I didn't gradually take in the carbs. But after that I just managed my calories and fat and didn't take in TOO many carbs and I lost the rest.
I've recently gone back on Atkins because lately I have been having TOO many bad cravings for stuff and I've found that being on Atkins helps to curb those CARBY cravings.
I plan on staying on it for at least a few more months. I still want to lose 40 or so more lbs. It feels like I'm NEVER going to get there!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 17:38
Contributing Member

Stats: 147/128.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:29%/28%/20%
Progress: 69%

I just want to chime in here as well. I've been doing pilates and I think it's great. I make it my "easy" workout, just because I don't sweat a lot when I'm doing it. Two days I do 40 minutes of kickboxing and then on the third day I do 40 minutes of pilates. One of the exercises is still too difficult for me to complete properly. For me, that's nice because I still have a challenge.

But overall I think pilates is great. For one you get a really great stretch and length to your muscles with pilates. Also your posture may improve and you may find that you have less back pain. My husband is always saying how he thinks the excercise is really doing wonders for me (specifically the pilates). And it feels good that I can do some of the excercises and he can't.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins!!!
Stats: 151/147/140
BF:
Progress: 36%

I personally like pilates. I was in a bad car accident, so I have aches and pains, hips, back etc. I don't do it as much as I should, but when I do it for a while, I definetly feel the difference. Its a great stretching for your body that makes you relax afterward.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 23:48
Registered Member

Stats: 200/192/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I have been doing Pilates for about two months and have seen good success with it. I alternate Pilates with some low end weight lifting daily. Both seem to work as a good cool down after my 40-60 minutes of elliptical trainer.