Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: e-diets Atkins
Stats: 289/273/200 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Equipment Question. Correct Area???

Not sure if this is the right area but was the closest I could find. I am thinking of getting the Bowfles Motivator 2 model. It has most everything I need. The weight only goes up to 210 but I am sure if I start pushing that much I will be ok buying the expensive XL model.

Does anyone have or have you used this model? What is you take on it? I found it for $599 on QVC and it is $799 everywhere else so it seems like a great bang for the buck

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Primate : Sun, Apr-17-05 at 20:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 12:59
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

edited in: do a search for the model and review afterward in google, you'll probbaly find a lot of customer comments and review and may even be able to contact them

how long have you been working out?
It sounds like a good price for how comprehensive it is..
The only reason I asked how long you've been working out is because sometimes people's goals change over, say a year or three and they end up not needing the expensive equipment the bought in the first place.
I was going to get a bowflex with husband 4 years ago and ended up not buying it due to price and a defect with something breaking or falling over.. I was lucky because I went through periods of perferring to powerlift, then to doing outside sports.. then bodyweight ie: 1 leg squats, chins, weighted chins etc. Not that the bowflex wouldn't have been useful oneday.. but that I didn't need it for several years because of my preferred activity.
If you know you're going to stick to straight machine weight lifting it sounds good.

I got a weight bench with a leg extension attachment, barbell and weights for a good price (165 or something) and was happy with it - though everything except the barbell is packed away in my closet now.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 08:50
Registered Member

Plan: e-diets Atkins
Stats: 289/273/200 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thanks for the reply.. I used to work out A LOT as far a weight lifting but I am just now getting back into it after a very very long time. I am going with the Bowflex because I can do a lot of toning excersizes before I ever begin to "Build Muscle".

It is good to hear you are doing some great weight training but I think we are going after two different goals. Well, and there is no way I can jump right into power lifting. The connective muscles are not in condition to handle the high weight low rep type of enviroment that power lifting has.

I won't do just straight machine work but will use it to get going for the first 6 months to a year. I also have no room for all the free weight eguipment it would take to replace the same amount of excersizes as the compact Bowflex.

Thank you very much for the reply I was starting to think this post was invisable
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-05, 13:37
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I have a Bowflex at home... not sure of the model - maybe the ultimate?

My model does have the extented weight to the 310 pounds. You might want to consider upgrading if it is an option for you. You might find that the 210 pounds are quickly maxed for you.

The feel is a bit different from free weights but I can do all the exercises on it I need to and still get that burn. Been using it for almost a year now and wouldn't give it up for anything!