Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 01:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/176/130 Female 151 cm
BF:
Progress: 35%

Already have my twins from IVF. Want the big fat belly gone. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 10:45

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae
... I *never* want children. I enjoy them when I can give them back to their real Mothers... when I'm tired of playing with them or they have some bodily function I don't want to deal with... it's a good system.

I feel exactly the same way!

But I think whether someone is TTC or feels like I do the goal is the same - a fertile body is a healthy body with balanced hormones and everything working correctly. The only difference is that I need to be much more careful about birth control these days! I'm so glad I've found this WOE that helps so much, the standard BC pill treatments are awful!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 20:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

No kiddies in my future. I was privileged to have spent a year exercising (exorcising?) my maternal instincts while working on a neonatal intensive care unit. I adore other peoples' newborns, but I could barely handle raising my puppy, thank you.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 22:38

Plan: self-made low carb
Stats: 313/274/175 Female 5'7''
BF:52/49/33
Progress: 28%
Default No kidding!

I used to want children but knew if I couldn't get pregnant by 29 I was not going to go that direction. I met my hubby late in life and got married when I was 29. I went off of BC and lost my periods right away. After 3 months on an almost no fat diet I got my period back for 1 year. We were not financialy ready to get pregnant so we waited. Then they (periods) went away for 8 years.

We moved to Tennesse last year and I found a terriffic Endocrinologist. He put me on Avandamet and Amaryl. Still no periods but my diabetes was finally under control. Last fall I low carbed for 4 month and lost 47 lbs. Lo and behold my periods came back. They are widly spread out extremely light comparatively to the huge flow I used to have. (By the way I also got terrible knee problems for a short time I think it was because of the shift in hormones).

People keep saying it's not to late to have kids. I know what it's like to be a kid of older parents. It's awful. My mom was 32 and dad was 38. We basically had nothing in common. I may as well have been raised by my grandparents. There is no way on earth I would be so selfish as to have children at this age.

I can just imagine what a life those twins that 57 yr old woman just gave birth to will have. They will be lucky if she is alive when they graduate from high school. How selfish.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 06:32

Plan: PSMF, cycling diet
Stats: 198/198/159 Female 5ft6
BF:43/
Progress: 0%

I'm in the same boat.

I have a 14 year old son and not looking to have any more.

I don't know whether I'm allowed to post website details here or not? excuse me I'm a newbie - but I frequent the diet and exercise board a lot over at http://www.soulcysters.com and there are lots of forums for PCOSers over there - and a FitAtAnySize.com too
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 10:22

Plan: low carb HCG
Stats: 200/159/150 Female 5 5
BF:YES it is!!
Progress: 82%
Default Me too....

Add me to the list. I have two boys already and am done in that department. I have also had my tubes tied. I tried Met but had a bad side affect and went off. I am loosing SLOWLY but no improvement on symptoms yet.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 21:38
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 160/148/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I don't want anymore right now, and maybe ever! I have two little girls, ages 3 and 16 months. I am way too busy to have more right now!

If I ever have children again, it would likely not be for 5+ years.

I am more interested in getting my PCOS leveled out for health reasons than for fertility reasons .
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 01:50

Plan: Still evaluating.
Stats: 300/300/150 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Default Add me to the list!

I've never wanted children. I want to be as healthy as possible so I can live a long and happily self-centered life. LOL
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 00:02

Plan: diet by doctor
Stats: 276/276/115 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress:
Default i too have PCOS and don't want any more children!

each time my doctor's tried to regulate my periods it seemed that that was how i got pregnant. all my life my periods were irregular and with each pregnancy i've tried to watch my weight gain and was very successful for 6-7-1/2 months gaining only 15lbs during the pregnancy then in the last months i would balloon and gain 30 more even eating the same way ! with each pregnancy i've gained alot of weight and worst kept it on!! So here i am , 2children , irregular periods refusing any Birth control for fear of getting pregnent agasin , I am happy to raise my children but not wanting any more , two is enough! jolly jo i am interested in learning more about PCOS through this forum though!, and losing weight to a healthy weight.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 15:23
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

I don't want children. When I was younger I thought that I might, then when I got married the first time, my husband and his family kept telling me they wanted a baby (nice, huh, they wanted a baby- no matter what I wanted as the person who would CARRY the baby). That marriage thankfully ended without children.

I do not want children and neither does my current husband. He has an 8 year old daughter from a previous marriage. That is enough for me. I don't have alot of maternal instincts.

It really hurts me when people act like I should have kids just beause THEY like kids or b/c it's the social norm. They say things like "you'll feel differently when you actually HAVE them". OK- I'm sorry, but children are not shoes. You can't just have one, try it out and then decide you don't want it and send it back. I don't understand why other people CARE so much whether I have children or not! It doesn't have any effect on them!

Thankfully, my mother is totally supportive. She said she knows that children are not for everyone and she is not pressuring me at all. And neither is my mother in law or my father.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 319/298/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I have PCOS and endometriosis and I do not want kids. my sister has 2 cute kids. a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I love them to pieces and they are adorable, but its just not for me.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:55
Registered Member

Plan: CAD, south beach
Stats: 000/000/175 Female 5 foot 10inches
BF:too freaken much

i understand what u mean. i also have pcos. i now have 2 kids. but before i knew i was preg with my first the doc told us to make a choiCe as to if we want kids OR not because if we did not he would put me on birth control and other stuff to help my emdometrosis. we choose to not have kids. the next day the doc called and said my lab work showed i was preg. now its like some ppl who have pcos try to make me feel guilty because i am one of the few pcos lucky ones to have been able to get preg without even trying. i do love my kids tho. but after my second child i was laying on the c section table and i said " HEY DOCTOR DONT FORGET TO 100% DISTROY ALL CHANCES OF ME EVER CONCEIVING AGAIN! FIX ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
im sorry i dont know of any site for those with pcos who do not want kids. it all is geared towards having kids. it is a shame that some females will judge other females who do not want kids. not everyone has the desire to stay up all night feeding burping a baby and cleaning up liquid poop all hours of the day and night.....lol
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb for PCOS
Stats: 244/193/170 Female 5' 6"
BF:Going down
Progress: 69%

I am 31 and positive I don't want kids, either! Now that I'm on metformin I would have NO Problem conceiving.. and that's a problem! As someone else said, I, too, HATE THE EXTRA HAIR. It's nasty and eats away at me 24/7... I am ALWAYS thinking about it.. sitting with a group at dinner.. is that light behind me showing off my whiskers? I need another waxing! Dear LORD.. the humanity! So whatever works.. I need it. Sticking w/metformin and healthy carbs only for now (no potato chips for a long long time now!)
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-05, 20:44

Plan: Only familiar w/Atkins
Stats: 200/196/170 Female 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Just curious........

Hi JollyJo,

I'm just curious, what birth control were you on? Was it a pill? What's the name?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjo
each time my doctor's tried to regulate my periods it seemed that that was how i got pregnant. all my life my periods were irregular and with each pregnancy i've tried to watch my weight gain and was very successful for 6-7-1/2 months gaining only 15lbs during the pregnancy then in the last months i would balloon and gain 30 more even eating the same way ! with each pregnancy i've gained alot of weight and worst kept it on!! So here i am , 2children , irregular periods refusing any Birth control for fear of getting pregnent agasin , I am happy to raise my children but not wanting any more , two is enough! jolly jo i am interested in learning more about PCOS through this forum though!, and losing weight to a healthy weight.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 12:07
Battling the Bulge!

Plan: none specific-
Stats: 259.5/227.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:2high! (no idea?)
Progress: 30%

I took Advandia for a while & DID gain weight from taking it. I stopped taking it all together. I worked with a man that took it also & he gained weight as well.