Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 23:14

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Welcome Lex and Carrie ! Glad to have you with us!

Wow!! Congratulations Lex!! You must be so excited!!! I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your dress. We'll help you get to your goal, whatever it is! How long did you date your fiance before you got engaged?

It's like 1:30 in the morning, I just ate 3 carbolite bars (they're pretty small) I'm not suppose to have them even though they have 0 carbs, they're not good on the Candida diet. OOps! Oh well, no biggie. BUT-- My stomach hurts sooooo bad! If you guys try the carbolite bars, ONLY EAT ONE!! wow......let's just say I'm glad no one is in the room with me. They'd be suffering. lol

I hope you feel better soon LuddyBell !

Carrie , are you a Dancer??

Okay girls I'm going to sleep.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:57

Plan: Atkins' Low Carb~Induction
Stats: 212.5/204/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

hey yall! I just measured myself and I've lost many inches!! I've lost 5.5 from my bust, 5 from my waist, and 5 from my hips...is that great or what? I am very happy right now....oh! Welcome welcome! Sure you can do dress instead of bikini....I should do that (dress goal), since I've never worn a bikini in my life! Oh well. I'll talk to everyone later!
Bye!
Sara
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 10:47

That's so cool Sara!! Great job! You must be so proud! Okay, you motivated me not to eat another cookie !

HELP ME GIRLS!!! Yep, I ate 3 Milano Chocolate cookies! I wish I didn't do that. At least it was only 3. I also had some spagethii sauce with cheese (not good for my candida diet) I feel like I'm slipping back into my old habits. I'm not hungry but I want to eat. I'm depressed right now.I have a ton of homework adn studying to do and I guess I just want an excuse to not do it. Not that eating is a valid excuse but my warped little mind is telling me it is!!
Maybe it's because I'm closer to my goal then I have been in a long time. (2 yrs) But I still feel far away form it. I feel like I'll never get there. I've tried so many times but I always give up. I am not giving up this time!!
I get upset because I don't fit into the clothes I want to and I don't like how I look. I know these are all superfical things. I should concentrate on how healthy I'm becoming. I really am a lot healthier. But right now I feel stuck. I don't know what to do. I don't want to do anyhting but lie in bed. Sorry I'm being so negative. I will be better later probably. Maybe I'll go jog on the treadmill. Or go outside or something.
If you guys have any encouraging words I'd really appreciate it. I just need to stop whining I think!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins start over 7/23/2003
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi guys..i'm having major issues w/my laptop - i spilled water on it yesterday and it totally stopped funcitoning. Its kinda working now but i cant navigate my mouse well and its really frustrating. Its funny because the first thing i thought of was omg, i cant use the forum any more!! (instead of i cant access my homework/papers for school lol)

Hey Kaela, It seems like u're just having a bad day, which I have plenty of. And I'm also the type to use food to procrastinate on school work especially when there's a ton to do.

Dont feel guilty about your little cheat. Since you've made so much progress already and this is now your lifestyle rather than a temporary diet, looking at the big picture 3 cookies wont set u back very much.

I feel like when I'm having a down day, its good to reevaluate your goals and focus on how great you've done so far and how good it makes you feel when you're on track...I'm just starting out and havent lost much yet, but I'm sure it feels so goooood to see progress and you know the feeling. I think going for a jog will really clear up your mind and you can have a fresh new start!

Sara - congratulations, you're doing awesome!!! I havent progressed much, waiting for a wooosh, but you girls inspire me w/your losses.

Say Hi2m - I totally know how it feels to have a bunch of people over at the house for a dinner party....My mom cooks for like an entire village and it always smells so good. Good for you for resisting the temptations! i know its hard...

As for me my college had a huge party outdoors last night, and its finally warming up outside, so it was perfect - we had fireworks and live bands. And since i'm on induction I didnt drink!!! Very proud of myself. Even though i know vodka and other hard liquors dont have carbs, i know i'm not supposed to drink on induction...so that was good

But i've been slacking on exercise...gonna start up again tomorrow...also making someprevious mistakes by eating too much cheese - must limit to 3-4 oz...I havent starting using fitday to count calories, but I might start soon if i dont see progress. How many of you guys are doing that??

K girlies, back to studying and then i gotta babysit...ugh, the parents will probably buy us pizza...but I WILL NOT HAVE ANY!!! LOL

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK + STAY STRONG!!!! SUMMER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 18:05

BF:

Kaela,
Don't worry about the set back. I honestly don't think that is slipping into your old lifestyle......now if you are a binger like me, then you couldn't go with just 3 cookies! I have (HAD!!) a tendency to binge on all the bad stuff, you know, chips, cookies, coke, junk food....chocolate is such my weakness! But I found that on this I actually have control over what I eat and I love it! Also, if you get a chocolate craving, I found at the grocery store those sugar free hershey's candies....tastes exactly like the real thing, so whenever I want chocolate, BOOM! There they are! But back to the subject....at least you think that you're slipping back so you can get back to where you were when you first started. It's like a reality-check type thing, ya know?

Sayhi2M and Merrymash,
My mom doesn't cook much, but when she does cook it smells so good! I have the coolest mom though, cuz she's on it with me and so she cooks stuff for us too.

Merrymash,
Congrats on no drinking. I for one am not a drinker, don't like the taste of it. The only kind I like is Smirnoff Ice, but I'm gonna drink it until after induction.

But anwyays, I gotta go, I will talk to yall lovely ladies later! bye!

Sara
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 19:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/158.5/130
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking <3

Hey girlies,
First Kalea dont worry, its only 3 cookies it no big deal just get right back on track and you will be fine and youll look gr8 in your bikini, hehe its funni cause i picked a bikini out of the vs catalog also and i look at it everyday .. Anwaya today was a good day went shopping with my girls but didnt buy anything cause i want to wait till i lose weight.. I ate 2 eggs in the morning, beef n salad for lunch and for dinner some cold cuts... Ohh and i finally found diet rite and i had a cup and itss soooo good... so keep going and stay on track girls..... Hehe im sooo happi tonight just came back form a jog and just am enjoying life... ...
Deesire <3
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 20:53

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 180/~~/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Hey

Hello all

I know it is a little late, but I would love to join in on the challenge!!

I know that I will be more likely to exercise if I have to report in, so here I am. So, part of my challenge is to report in at least every other day.

Thanks for recommending this challenge, Kaela. You all sound like a wonderfull group of ladies.

Hey Sarabeth
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 07:19

BF:

Hey 2bfree! Sup?! Ok, I'm a little energetic right now, I'm sitting here at my school doing absolutely nothing because I'm waiting for a class to start, so I might as well tell about last night. Hmmm....yesterday morning I had sausage with cheese on it (good stuff man) with water. I then proceeded to walk to work (about a fifteen minute walk) and work for 6 hours.....having bottles upon bottles of water. When I got home I had lunch which was, uhhh.....I forgot what it was, but it wasn't that bad. Oh! It was chicken! I had chicken for lunch and then at around 9 I had dinner which consisted of Italian herb fish that I found at the grocery store (0 Carbs, wonderful taste, even though I burned it) with some jello w/whipped cream. My mom keeps telling me I need to eat more carbs because I always end up under 10, but I don't want to eat any more, I'm comfortable just where I'm at! But she really shouldn't be giving me advice; I should be giving her advice. She's stalled for the moments and doesn't understand why.....she always ends up like 1 or 2 carbs below 20 and even though I keep telling her she needs to get out and walk she won't listen....she's so stubborn....anyways, I haven't even gone to look for a bathing suit yet. I'm afraid that I'll set my eyes on one that I really adore and then realize I'm still not small enough....maybe I'll start looking when I"m closer to my goal...I'm 3 lbs off from my first goal! Wish me luck!
Bye!
Sara
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 08:01

Good Luck Sara!! I know you can do it!

Thank you guys for making me feel better

We are all doing so awesome!! Summer here we come!!!

LOL that's my picture of us!! We're HOT!!! lol
Glad you joined us 2bfree!!

Okay ladies, I have to get to Astronomy class. I hope everyone has a great day!!! We can do this!!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 08:59

BF:

hey Kaela, how did you get that picture of Bob Dylan on your sig? I really like him and I want a pic on mine!! But not Bob Dylan, I was thinkin maybe Janis or Jimi....love those!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 09:02

BF:

Ok Kaela, I feel kinda dumb....I realized how to do it. I really need to learn to read directions before I do something! LOL! But I'll talk to yall later. Peace out!
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%
Default Count me in, PLEASE?

I want to join too! Can I? I think it'd be a great way to keep us all on track and motivated. I haven't been doing too great lately (keep cheating) But I feel motivated this time and I'm ready to commit to this, but I'm sure sometime along the way I'll need some encouragement and it'd be great if we could all do that for eachother. I'm not going to say that I "want" to get to my goal by September because I "WILL"!! In September I'll have my eighteenth birthday and I'd LOVE to celebrate it by being thin for the first time in my life. We can all do this, we ARE doing this! Hope to hear from ya'll soon!
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 12:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins start over 7/23/2003
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Welcome 2bfree...Your stats say you went from 180 to 115 did you lost all that on atkins??? Please fill us in on how you did it..tons of exercise?? strict induction?? how long did it take you?? Sorry for all the questions, but it really motivates me when I see such success stories because I dont feel like I"m losing....

I'm feeling bloated, i think TOM's around the corner and I'm just feeling really blah. Ate too much cheese today I have a big exam tomorrow so i'm already stressing bout that too. Can't wait till vacation!!!

I've realized its so difficult to do two weeks of perfect induction - following the exact rules - while i'm in school...I'm always craving a bar or nuts etc....

Today at the supermarket i found this brand of soda called "waist watcher" and it comes in different flavors and its sweetened w/splenda and all of them are caffeine free. And it was on sale for 89 cents per 2 liter bottle. So that was exciting! lol

how do u guys put pictures/icons above your stats??
ok i have my capitalist enterprise class....oh joy

need some motivation guys!!!! this is rough
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 13:44

Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey girls,

Welcome WannabeSk , good to have you on the board !

2bfree, how did you lose 65 lbs on Atkins ? (according to your stats ) Did it happen quickly ? Fill us in , fill us in !

Summer is getting closer and we're staying motivated ! We are GONNA BE HOT THESE SUMMER MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, there was a chinese food fest on my residence floor and I managed to stay away from the carby foods and had the meat and some bean sprouts instead ! yay for me !

How are you all doin ? Exercizin' , eatin' well I suppose

Carrie
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 20:25
Registered Member

Stats: 130/127.5/115.0
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking HEY CREW!

Hey Girls,

I have checked this in a while!! Welcome to all of our new joiners!! That's so awesome!

Everybody sounds so pumped up and motivated - I love it! It's great to read because I get really motivated not to cheat!!

I love going to the Victoria Secret website, pretending to choose my bathing suit that I am going to buy when I reach my goal weight! It's so fun and keeps me motivated.

Well crew hang in there! We can do this! WOO HOO!!

Deanna