Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:20

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

woohooo WOOSH FAIRY ! 2 lbs down! bikini here i come
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:25

Plan: Atkins' Low Carb~Induction
Stats: 212.5/204/155 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

Ooooh! I love DMB!!! I love any kind of music....except country.....there's just something about it that hits me the wrong way! Oh well....good job with the whoosh fairy!! I have a feeling 'm gonna stall anytime now...yall wish me luck that I don't stall!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/158.5/130
BF:
Progress: 29%
Question quiestion

hey guys,
I just wnated to know if u guys drink shakes or eat the bars... i really want to cause i am craving something different but im afraid its going to stall my weighloss adivc e???
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:12

BF:

i eat pure delite bars they are very very tasty, and havent caused me to stall yet at all.. i eat 1 every other day... they cost 95 cents at walmart . they taste just like a hershey bar.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 20:47

BF:

I very rarely have a bar or a shake for breakfast because they're a little on the expensive side for me....but they are good.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 21:06

BF:

OMG!! I am sooo happy!! I tried on some 18's today and they FIT!! I started out in a 22 and now I'm to an 18! This is wonderful! Not as slim as I want to be, but that just gave me a huge boost!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 23:26
Registered Member

Stats: 130/127.5/115.0
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hey Crew, how is everyone?
Okay, I have decided - I need to restart induction.
As of April 12, 2003 I am officially on induction. I was getting so frustrated that my weight wasn't moving - I realize now that I also need to count calories. Aww, but that's okay. I am going to stay on induction until I get to my goal weight.

You guys are doing so well! I want to keep up - but I need to restart and tomorrow is the first day. That's it. No more doing it 1/2 n 1/2.

I love reading your post guys - hang in there!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the sun!!

Dee
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins start over 7/23/2003
Stats: 174/166/140 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up

HI GIRLS!!! We all seem to be doing well and as long as we have each others support we're gonna keep moving toward our goals!!!

Its only day 5 for me and I'm trying to not weigh myself for a while because I know I get discouraged when I see it fluctuating. But I'm definitely feeling better. I love waking up and not feeling full like I used to when I would overeat at nighttime. Its a good feeling. I'm really working hard to listen to my body and eat only when I'm truly hungry and not just craving something or fulfilling some emotional need. Its a dificult change to make, but I'm slowly learning to adjust.

I have a question, u know those whole chickens that they sell at the supermarket. (Rotisserie ?? dont know spelling) But they're fully cooked and they're very oily and taste amazing. Do those have any carbs in them?? I hope not, cuz I had some yesterday..hmmm

Back when I was doing Atkins half assed ( and didnt lose anything) i would eat lots of the protein bars and too much cheese and nuts and I never completed induction. So I'm planning to really stick to it for 2 weeks before i start allowing myself to have another bar or shake (although i didnt like the shakes too much) But i love nuts - esp. macadamia nuts!!! soooo goood, but its almost impossible to eat just a few. ugh....

ok, gotta get ready for work..the weather is so gross here today. but tonight my school is throwing a bunch of parties and we're having fireworks all night!! i'm really psyched.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!! dont get discouraged!!!!! summer's just around the corner hehe

peace
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:04

BF:

I did something last night I haven't been able to do for a long time....There is this track that spans around a lake near my house (unfortunately it's a man-made lake) and it's about a mile and a quater long.....there are these light poles that are equally distanced from each other. When I was on the other diets, I tried to alternate jogging/walking from pole to pole and I could only go about 1/4 of the way before quitting and just walking. Last night I did it the ENTIRE WAY AROUND!!! I am SO proud of myself for doing that. I weighed myself today (though I'm not supposed to) and it said that I lost another 3 pounds....how is everyone else doing? I just wanted to share my joy with yall since all of yall seem very awesome! oh well, I gotta go to work now. I'll post later.

Bye!
Sara
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:40

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Sarabeth that's awesome!!!!! YAY!!!

MerryMash - I'm almost postive that rotiserie chicken has 0 carbs. I think there's a carb calculator on this site somewhere....
Isn't it hard not to weigh yourself?! Have you taken your measurements? If not you should definitely do that. Sometimes you can lose fat and the scael shows a gain or no movement because other fluids/muscles/hormones/water retention/evil scale...so I think it's better to go by measurements. Your post motivated me. I'm going to run on the treadmill now!!

LovingIt - Good idea with going back on induction! I was upset when I learned I had to count calories, but now I'm glad. I don't use food as my 'entertainment' or 'comfort'. It's pretty easy to keep your cals down on induction (no nuts/cheese) and best of all you lose a lot of fat!! Good luck, were here for you!

LuddyBell- Congratulations on the loss!! Here comes LuddyBell in her sexy bikini!! OW!!! (sorry. i'm a dork! lol)

SayHi2Me - Hi to me. lol Just kidding!! Hi I love the carbolite bars. They have chocolate coookies too that taste like the real thing. mmmmmmm...BUt I only have them once in a whil because I don't want them to stall me. When I'm craving something sweet I have plain, whole fat whole milk, yogurt (4c/cup-- Not 16) and I add Stevia. You can also use Splenda, but I can't.

Karrahs- HI!!!!

Okay, so I counted there are 6 of us. Wait. 7 counting me!! lol
You guys I' so motivated to do this!! Summer is right around the corner!
Everyone is doing great! Oh, I was thinking we should have a Goal DAY. We can each set a goal. Either a specific weight, inches to lose, a certain number of calories a day, staying on iduction or working out 5 days a week-- Anything we want. And then we'll give ourselves a month. MAy 15th??? What do you guys think???

My goals for May 15th :
waist: 25" (now 26-27")

belly: 27" ( now 28-29'')

hips: 33" (now 33.5-36" I'm really bad a measureing right!! LOL)

thighs: 21" (now 22.5-23.5")

bicep: 11" (now 12")

WEIGHT: around 137-140??? (now 143)

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!
WE CAN DO THIS!!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 13:42

Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up

Hi Girls !

Can I join too ? I did Atkins last year, but the plan fell through when I started living in residence. Yeah yeah, studying, bad caf food, etc. None of which are really good excuses, but im ready to start , and willing to work as hard as all you

FABULOUS LADIES !!!!

I cannot express how happy I am to have finally found some support

Your stories are wonderful , keep it up girls.

We CAN do it, and wont settle for less.

My name is Carrie by the way .
Bye for now . Ill keep in touch with y'all.

My current goal: 150 by end of April
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 14:35

BF:
Cool Welcome

Welcome to our small but comfortable group Carrie! I am very happy that I found this because I would never be able to do it alone. It gets pretty hairy sometimes, with temptations all around us; but we can all do this together. That's what this site's for, right? RIGHT! I feel like a cheerleader I never did like them, they were always too skinny. But oh well, once again, welcome and I hope you like it here!

Sara
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 14:43
Registered Member

Stats: 170/158.5/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hey girlies,,
Welcome Star dancer, Yeh so today my parent s are like having a party and there is soooo much yummy food n sweets wow,,, it hard resisting but i am.. I had a piece of chicken hehe.... So i am gonna weigh myself in like 2 or 3 weeks wow i hope i lost good amount. So girls keep going n staying on track dieting n excersing....
P.S. i am gonna have a pure delite bar like in 2 or 3 weeks so i am looking forward to that now justing sticking strictly to the rules of induction...
Dee <3
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 16:59

BF:

lol i cant wait but now.. i have the stomache virus and the stupid doctor put me on a diet of chicken noodle soup and sprite until i get better! YUCK
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 17:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

Oh I want in!!!

Sorry I'm joining a bit late...I just started LC'ing 2 days ago (eep!)

Well, I'm 19, f, from wisconsin, GETTING MARRIED JUNE 20th and I don't fit in my dress. Can you believe it?!

So instead of the bikini goal I'm goin' for the dress goal

Although it would be nice to not feel like a cow in a bikini!!

Mind if I join in??

-lex