Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 13:48

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Im curious about using Atkins Bake mix instead too...Anybody tried it? I wanna try this soon, sounds yummy!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:39

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Jacki - I don't think Atkins bake mix would work in this at all. Just my opinion, though, you could certainly try it.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 17:15
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Trader Joe's is now carrying bags of Almond Meal pre-ground for about $3 per bag (about a pound or perhaps a little more).

I'm off to try this wonderful sounding recipe!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 18:03
Wombat Ashramite

Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm back with my mouth stuffed full of cake! All I can say is "Wow" without spraying cake crumbs all over the monitor.

It's so much like the real thing, my three year old is happily eating a piece. She will normally only eat lowcarb foods that are almost identical to their real world counterparts.

This cake is so easy that I actually mixed it and cooked it in one bowl (used my favorite souffle dish). It's so easy that I plan to make another one right now because my family dusted off the first one and I want to try it with the lemon curd.

The texture is unbelievable and seems as though it would make a good base recipe for other types of cake (gingerbread pops to mind). If I come up with any good variations, I'll post them here.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

Yummo Scrummo,
Dig
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 12:07
Don't Call Me Sugar

Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Indeedy do

I just made this with hazelnut flour and it's great - I figure if I add some melted, unsweetened chocolate to the batter of the next one, I'll have lc Nutella cake.

Can't wait to try it with almond flour, and I also have some chestnut flour (although that is a bit more carby). I even have some coconut flour I should try, that might be fantastic. Will report back.

Thanks for sharing the recipe, and thanks for giving American measurements as well, you guys!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 21:37

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yum Yum Yum...

Tried this yesterday and got 8 small muffins out of it - of course, I ate 8 of them yesterday Ended up with 9 net carbs by reading labels... and they were great! Didn't have lemon, so will have to wait to try the lemon curd until next time... and that'll be soon!

Wynter
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (7/28/03)
Stats: 272/218/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

Wow - I tried this yesterday with some pecan flour made from pecan pieces whizzed in my food processor, and added some Smuckers suger-free maple syrup. I made 9 muffins - the most realistic muffins I've managed to make so far. I've been looking for almond flour for a while now, so today I went and bought some almonds and made my own - I want to make a lemon cake with the lemon curd. All I can say is - if you haven't tried this yet - what are you waiting for??
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 08:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/232/175 Female 5 ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default awesome cake

Hi everyone,

I kept wanting to make this awesome cake, but i didn't have almonds on hand, I asked about Atkins bake mix before. I really don't like it's taste though. I fianally found some Oat Flour a few weeks ago. I decided to try the recipe with that. It turned out GREAT!!!!!!!! I used 1/3 cup oat flour which is 16 grams carbs but 3 grams fibre, 13 net carbs. I also used (because all the recipes i try are never sweet enough) 1 table spoon slenda, and 1 table spoon no sugar brown sugar (sugar twin brand) and a dash of cinniamon. Wow, this is the BEST Muffin I've ever made LC that is! I microwaved it for the two minutes made the cake, and cut it in 8-10 pieces. Put some butter on top, wow! Thanks so much for the reciepe! What a wonderful Idea, great breakfast !
Thanks,
jacki
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 05:00
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I tried this today.

It is about a million times better than I expected it to taste. I didnt use any splenda and used 2tbsp of DaVinci syrup instead. It could have used a touch more sweetness, I found out my vanilla extract has sugar in it too :-( so I didnt use that either, but it was heavenly the way it is and SO filling.

I will have to try the lemon curd. Almond extract might go well with it too. I also used my own ground almonds so the texture was more like almond meal than flour but it was soooo good! Cinnamon and butter would be good with it too oooh and maybe cream cheese
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 13:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/135/145 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 133%

This is fantastic I made again the other day with coconut flavoring and it was soooooo good.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 08:01
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I had some more of it this morning with cream cheese and a little bit of french vanilla syrup on top. YUM!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:46

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

Made these as muffins today using Bob's Red Mill almond meal and about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the Davinci Dulche de leche syrup in place of splenda. Yummmmmm! Thanks, Rob!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:05

Plan: protein power
Stats: 168.8/157.9/130 Male 5 foot 2 inches
BF:33.1/27/20
Progress: 28%

I am pleased to see how much interest this recipe has generated .

It is truely a FAB LC cake/sweet . The best I think is the Lemon Curd which is truely Knock your socks off stuff

Those that have not discovered it dont know what they are missing

ENJOY

Rob
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 19:31

Stats: 146/137/130
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi Rob and everyone else,
I made a batch (mini muffin style) but added about 1 tsp of wheat gluten. Could probably take a touch more. It improved the baked texture to be even more "real" ! It almost doesn't seem possible that this stuff could get better but it did!
Rosemary
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 00:42
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

This sounds like it comes highly recommended, will try to make it this weekend. Happy LC day!