Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 00:36

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up

where can I find LC ice cream?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 15:26

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hey korry! i got the scoop!

the new store is in webster it is called FIT FOOD and i have confirmed that all of their products are low carb---YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the info

FIT FOOD
567 W. BAY AREA BLVD.
WEBSTER TX
PHONE 281-554-4558
OPEN M-T 9AM-7PM
FRIDAY & SATURDAY 9AM - 6PM
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS

by the way the best places for low carb ice cream are walmart and krogers

walmart carries le carb, carb smart, klondike carb smart fudge bars and atkins ice cream - the klondike fudge bars are great. le carb ice cream is good and has less carbs 3 net carbs per serv but i prefer to eat the slender brand listed below at 7 carbs per serv.

krogers carries the pierre's Slender brand ice cream and they also have a kroger brand no added sugar that is low carb. the slender brand is the best ice cream at 7 net carbs per serv.

i hope to go to the Fit Food store tomorrow but i m coming from galveston so i'll let you know if i make it up there.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 15:49

Sweet... well w/o sugar at least

I think I will skip the icecream until after inductions... lol...

I will definitely check out the new store tommorow...

will report on what I see...

Have a good one,
Korry

P.s. and thanks for the info!!!
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 23:20

whoops... still have not had time to go over there... will hopefully this week!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/134/120 Female 68"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all...just found this board looking around for info. I live in the Katy area, like a couple others. Just wanted to post up some info. I've found on my LC searches!

I have found Diet Rite at all of the Randall's around my home and office areas. Randall's also has several different brands of ice cream bars. I've also found the ice cream at Wal-Mart, Sam's and Krogers. I'm not a HUGE ice cream fan, so I've only tried a couple different ones. I am a candy nut, thought, so the Russell Stover and Pure De-Lite candy have been a God-send. I have found both brands at Walgreens, but don't have much luck finding them anywhere else (except the Pure De-Lite which I also get at a health food store by my office).

My sister is also on Atkins and shops at Krogers. She says they have a lot of LC stuff, including the tortillas. I also got a flier in the mail the other day from HEB showing they have expanded their LC products and even have pasta now!

I'm sure everyone has heard, but just in case...TGIFriday's has some Atkins approved menu items and Subway has added Atkins approved/endorsed wraps to their menu. Friday's has some items that look fine for induction.

As far as suggestions for eating out, someone asked earlier about Chili's. I get the chicken caesar salad or the monterey chicken (without the BBQ sauce and tomotaoes) and the veggies. Both are great. Outback is also a great place to go; pretty much anything on the menu is delicious and works with the LC plan. I think all of their chicken dishes are grilled (I like the Alice Springs, minus the honey mustard and mushrooms....i just don't like mushrooms!), they have a lot of seafood choices and, of course, the steaks. At mexican restaurants, I just order fajitas and eat the meat with some cheese and sour cream. Eating out is really very easy, just gotta watch those sauces and the vegetables, depending on what stage of Atkins you're on.

Also, for any of you that take the Atkins supplements, my husband and I just found some pretty good prices on them at the Vitamin Shoppe. There aren't that many of them in Houston right now, but you can order online. They also have a "frequent buyer" type program that adds up your purchases from the year and then you get a sort of "gift card" based on what you spent.

Glad to see a Houston thread started! Hope it keeps going; I'm always looking for new info., products and availability of products!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 00:30

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

Hello I am a native Houstonian but i am currently in Oklahoma and will be here for another 2-3 yrs. My mom is this diet as well, so I will check in here every now and again and see whats up.
Also The Fiesta over there by Reliant Stadium in their natural food section is a pretty good source of items, they have quite a few things there,
But i cant lie at all, Here in Oklahoma City, and in Norman. They have soooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccchhhhhhhhh
there are also two totally low carb stores.
i tell you what.
JT
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:02

BF:
Progress:
Default Some LC items I've found in the last week...

Just want to update on some items I've found around when out shopping!
Found the raspberry and white grape Diet Rite at the Super Wal-Mart on FM 529 (Copperfield area). The Super Wal-Mart also has a lot more of a LC selection than they have in the past with bake mixes, cookie mixes, pizza crust mix, cake mixes, Russel Stover candy, Atkins food products, etc.

Today, I found low-carb cheeseburgers WITH A BUN! (12g per cheeseburger...they're pretty good size, too) and Orowheat low carb bread (6g per slice; the slices are not as big as the Nature's Own, though, so if you like big slices of bread, stick to the Nature's Own!) at the Sam's on Highway 6 at I-10. This Sam's and the one on Fry Road had not been carrying the Endulge peanut butter cups and caramel nut chews for awhile now, but they are back and are cheaper by the box than anywhere else I've found (I think they were around $12.67 or $12.97 a box). They also have 12 packs of the Atkins Endulge vanilla ice cream bars for pretty cheap too (in comparison to the 4 pack prices you pay at the grocery store). All in all, I was very pleased with Sam's and Wal-mart in my past couple of trips and am considering sending an e-mail thanking them for upping their LC line! Would encourage you all to do the same so they keep carrying these items and maybe more!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 15:47

BF:

okay! WHERE ARE THE LOW CARB CHEESEBURGERS AT SEDRUOL????
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 16:10

BF:
Progress:

They were at Sam's. I believe CarbFriendly was the brand name; in a blue box.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:58

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kroger now has flavored Diet Rite ....I've tried both of the flavors you mentioned and really like them! Fiesta has Diet Hansons... it's pretty good too.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 10:18

BF:

thanks sedruol.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 13:09

BF:
Progress:
Default Found more goodies!

Okay...at Randall's: Soy nuts (I don't like them, but my husband is going through them like mad!), LC pasta (spaghetti and penne) and these cool little soy snacks that look like those spiral Fritos. They come in Ranch and Nacho Cheese. The nacho cheese aren't bad and satisfy my potato chip/crunchy food urge.

Wal-Mart: Skippy makes LC peanut butter, 3g per serving. But, I found some Peter Pan peanut butter (low sodium, no sugar added kind...has a yellow label) that also has 3g. LC marinara sauce, Russel Stover chocolate sauce and Russel Stover makes assorted LC chocolates in the boxes like they do with their "regular" candy. Wal-mart also had LC pasta...

News: I've read on the internet that the LC Heinz ketchup should be hitting shelves in February or March-ish. Coors is supposed to be coming out with a LC beer. Burger King will be doing bunless Whoppers (chicken and hamburger) and adding a salad to their menu that you can top with steak, chicken or shrimp. I couldn't find any date on the Whopper, but I think the salad is supposed to be added in March. And the news I was most excited about....LC Tostitos and Doritos are in testing right now and are scheduled to hit the stores in May!

Last edited by Sedruol : Fri, Jan-23-04 at 13:11.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 15:35

BF:
Progress:

Couple more new things...Sam's had Michael Angelo's brand LC pizza and hot pocket type things that come in ham and cheese & peppereoni & cheese.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 02:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 127/127/124 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think you can buy it at walmart!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 19:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/259/180 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:

can someone please tell me the location of the new store called CarbLite Market located in bellaire?