Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 11:47
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

you can get Atkins ice cream at sandy's market off of I-10 and Dairy Ashford...but i would recommend LeCarb ice cream..its between 2-3grams per serving and I think it tastes better .... I finally checked out Hickory Hallow...that place has some good ribs... My bf and I split a rack of ribs and had grilled zuchinni on the side. I recommend it!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 08:57

Plan: Keto
Stats: 270/265/170 Male 68 inches
BF:43%/35%/10%
Progress: 5%

Anyone know of any LC store and/or restaurant on the S.E. side of Houston, (Clear Lake, League City, etc...)
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 21:03

Why are atkins products a little more expensive than other brands
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 20:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 296/293/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Randalls On Bissonnet And Fondren Sells
Atkins Endulge Ice Cream. They Have Increased
Their Atkins Products A Lot Lately! Sf Syrup,
Bread Mixes, Supplements, Shakes, Sf Candy,
Etc. I'm So Glad! Also Wings N Things Has Awesome Wings And They Are Not Breaded!
I'm Glad I Found You Guys! I Have Been Looking For Lc Resources In Houston.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:17

Stats: 135/128/20 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Atkins

[FONT=Arial] I live in North Houston and am trying out Atkins. I have 15-20 pounds to lose.

I'm trying to understand the focus around eating "atkinized" unhealthy foods like ice cream, bars and soda. Does this make for a lifestyle change? Is it for coping reasons?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 21:27

Actually, if your just starting then you probably need to start with induction...
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 13:54

Stats: 135/128/20 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Angry duh - I'm not talking Induction

Korry,
I'm not talking about Induction - I am talking about Atkins in general - as a lifetime program....is all this attention on "fake" or "substitute" foods good? Why not just try and focus on enjoying healthy foods to better the chances against relapsing?
Just curious.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 14:56

Actually, I am really not sure... I am still on Induction

If you post your question at the newbies questions then you will probrably get a more knowledgable response... Here is the link: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Just click the new thread button and type in your question.

Hope this helps,

Korry
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:24

Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi! I'm near The Woodlands! I love this diet...I eat fajita salad at least once a week at any Mexican place. Sams Club had unbelievable prices on Atkins Endulge bars and 16 packs of Atkins Choc.Delite Shakes(way better prices than Walmart). I like to go to Jack in the Box and get one,or sometimes two, Jumbo Jacks with cheese-no ketchup or onions-and take the bread off-I cut it up with a knife and fork. They are 99 cents each and really good. Walmart carries frozen dinners called Chef's Choice that are low carb.-most taste good, but some are high in sodium. Wishbone Ranch salad dressing has only 1 carb for 2 tablespoons--I just found out. Willie's Icehouse offers a lowcarb chicken dish ...it has bacon,cheese and mushrooms and veggies and a salad. It would be fun to have a Houston low carb group and meet once a month at a restaurant. It would be encouraging to see each other as we progress and share tips. It seems like everywhere I go,I meet people who are on a low carb diet.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Stats: 238/215/175 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi there...I am Keli from Katy! Glad to have found a group of Houstonians on Atkins.

I have found Atkins LC Ice Cream at HEB and Wal-mart. The Atkins IC comes in single servings which I think is a smarter idea than the Breyer's Half Gallon of LC IC. HEB also sells LC bread and bagels but, I am not positive if it was Atkins brand...I believe it was. I have not tried any of these products so, I can't give you a thumbs up or down!

Grilled Chicken Salads from fast food restaurants are my favorite lunch time meal if I can't eat at home. I have found that Babin's has great broiled seafood dinners with many no-carb side dishes.

I have to admit that I am finding it difficult to eliminate caffeine! My Starbucks addiction is getting the best of me but, I am so happy with the results of this WOE. I am no longer starving and craving sugars and carbs two hrs after eating. I have more energy and don't feel terribly bloated like I used to!

I look forward to seeing posts from this group in the future!

keli
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 02:45

Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Keli! I just discovered Klondike fudgecicles <that spelling looks wrong? (3 carbs) They also have lc Klondike ice cream. It's only at Randall's right now.Have you tried the low carb chicken at Willies Ice House?
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 08:20
Registered Member

Stats: 238/215/175 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Meagan-Thanks for the info! Nope, never been to Willie's but, I will have to check it out. We have one right here in Katy and in fact, a friend on Atkins, had recommended it. Have you lost all of your weight on Atkins? You are doing great!

keli
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 12:22

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hey Korry- i heard thru the grapevine that there is a new store in the clear lake area dedicated to only "LOW CARB PRODUCTS"! dO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE AND WHAT THE NAME OF THE STORE IS AND WHERE IT IS AT?? i understand it is a strictly low carb store(the person that knows the lowdown is in the hospital for surgery and i didnt want to call her just for that when she's feeling sore)
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 12:23

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

also i have found Atkins brand bagels at kroger's and they are the best low carb bagels i have found.

pretty darn good.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedswife
hey Korry- i heard thru the grapevine that there is a new store in the clear lake area dedicated to only "LOW CARB PRODUCTS"! dO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE AND WHAT THE NAME OF THE STORE IS AND WHERE IT IS AT?? i understand it is a strictly low carb store(the person that knows the lowdown is in the hospital for surgery and i didnt want to call her just for that when she's feeling sore)

No, I have not heard about it, but I will keep an ear open and my eyes open for it...

Have a good one,
Korry