Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 19:24

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

Eugene just got two new Castus Low Carb Supercenters! They are (apparently) at the Delta Oaks Shopping Center and at 28th & Willamette

I know what I'm doing after work tomorrow....
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 16:02

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Thumbs up Yeah!!

Well...It's about TIME Eugene got its own Low Carb Stores!!!! Thanks Melissasvh for the fantastic info! Please let us know if they'll be worth the trip (we live close to Hwy 34/99E Freeway interchange..)

Last edited by DerBlumers : Wed, Sep-24-03 at 16:05.
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 10:02

Well, I stopped by the Castus store at 28th & Willamette. For those of you who know the area, it's behind the Chevron at 28th & Willamette, part of the Southtowne Shoppes annex (next to Chase Flowers). They are just getting up and going, and most of the shelves are still empty. They will be serving soft serve, and hope to have the machine up and running by this weekend. Their prices are comparable to Lobo's Low Carb World in Salem. They did, however, have the Gram's Cinnamon and Butter pork rinds (about $3.50). They had several of the Keto products and a pretty good variety of supplements. They also carry Le Carb. It should be interesting when they get more products in. It was nice to get some barbeque sauce, though!

I haven't visited the Delta Oaks store yet, but that one would be much easier to get to if you're coming in from out of town. I plan on stopping in next time I'm out in that area.

One other cool thing - Yesterday at WalMart (not even a super WalMart) I found "Franz Smart Nutrition" bread. There are 7 grams of carbs per slice, with 3 grams fiber and 1 gram malitol. Best part, it's only $3.08 (which, IMO is much better than $7 a loaf). I had a piece last night - YUM! WalMart is a great place for a lot of Low Carb stuff, too!
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 13:55

BF:

Sounds like it's worth a visit!!

BTW the Lebanon Walmart (our closest) doesn't seem to have the LC products I'm hearing that most of the other Walmarts have...and I thought our Walmart carried quite a few things. However, there's talk of a Walmart Supercenter...and if everything goes through as planned, we should be seeing a lot more available here!!

Thanks!!!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:48

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

The Walmart in Dallas doesn't have it either. I emailed Franz and they say it should be in most stores that carry Franz within 30 days, as soon as they finish the fall "sets". They said Costco has it already. I saw another post that said Costco has Atkins bars too. I haven't seen any at the Costco in Salem, but It's been a couple of weeks since I've been there.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 17:26

I found the Franz Smart Nutrition Low Carb Bread at Albertsons, and it was $3.49!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 18:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Male 69 inches
BF:27%/21%/15%
Progress: -27977%

My wife just found the Franz low carb bread at the Costco in Kirkland Washington.

And boy was it good. Tastes just as good as any other wheat bread.
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 01:02

I found a new Atkins -friendly restaurant. The Speakeasy, in Independence, OR. BF and I went there for dinner Saturday night and boy, was I pleased to see "Ask about our Atkins Specials" on the specials board. Turns out that you can order any steak on the menu (and they have sirloin, new york, rib eye, porterhouse, ect.) and the price is reduced $2.00 because you don't have the potato or bread, but they give you a bigger salad, and baby green beans as the vegtable. I had the New York and it was a very good dinner for $15.50.

I talked to one of the owners, and she said that they were getting so many requests that she got the book and read it to that they could offer an "Atkins" option.

Glad to see the word spreading ...
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 205/197/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Wow, that's great. We have had some wonderful meals at Hayden's Lakeside in Tualatin.. and they have daily specials. The Homestead Rest. in Lake Grove also puts out a daily lunch special.. It sits in the same parking area as the Low Carb store .
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up Pangratatto Bread!

The best bread in the entire lo-carb world is Pangratatto bread made in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Tastes like a great whole wheat bread but has the texture of sourdough. It is the best. It made me throw a whole loaf of Bread for Life bread in the garbage. only 2g carbs per slice. It's so good it's almost unbelievable. I found it at the Low Carb Food Centers of Oregon on 27th and Broadway but they probably carry it at most of the other lo-carb stores. Opens up a whole world of possiblities when you can actually eat a real sandwich or a real hamburger without having to substitute for the bread.

I'm trying to find out if the bakery has a public counter but every time i call i get an answering machine and there's no address on the packaging. At 5 dollars a loaf i'd like to take out the middle-man.

anyways, good eats.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 15:43

I just found Don Pancho Low Carb tortillas in Roths! 5 net carbs each, they are larger than the La Tortilla ones. Best of all, they are on sale for 2/$4.00. They also carry the Franz Smart Nutrition Bread for $3.39.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 00:37

BF:

Well....there's TWO LC stores in Albany now!!

That one I mentioned earlier....Daily Low Carb....is on West Second Ave., across from Two Rivers Market. It is tiny...it was originally a sports nutrition place, but has made the transition to low carb.

The other one...and I don't know why I hadn't heard of it before last weekend...is called Low Carb-N-More, and is just East of I-5 on SE Commercial Way (the side street next to Lassen Toyota, which is on SE Santiam Hwy heading out toward Lebanon). I found it in the building next door to the Elks Lodge. Believe me...THIS place has a LOT more than the one downtown. I visited today, and was surprised to find ALL my favorite LC brands...Drews, Walden Farms, Oh-so-Low, Atkins, Steels, Napa Valley, Talking Rain, Ashers, Gram's Gourmet (YES IT HAS THE CINNAMON BUTTER PORK RINDS!! ), and many other items I hadn't seen before...such as LC sweet pickle relish...and zero-carb noodles made of kelp! I bought those noodles....

Till next time....
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 09:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 259/193/165 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:???
Progress:
Default Hi

what a great site! just signed up....... anyone from the warrenton area or nearby? and how much have you lost???? getnskinny
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:40

I don't know if anyone else has seen these, but the Burger King's here in Eugene now offer low carb platters! I posted a thread:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...015#post1586015
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:49

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

flyrite is correct. i just found some of the Pangratatto bread at fred meyer (they have a lc shelf now for bread and carry a couple of kinds) and boy, it is the best tasting stiff yet, by far!!!