Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 16:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Hi everyone

I just tried the Atkins chocolate ice cream and it was very good. It is so hot today and the ice cream hit the spot. I also bought an ice cream maker and am anxious to use it, I'm just a little aprehensive yet. It's one thing when it's in a little cup already measured out, it's another when it's all together and you have to measure out.

Who carries the LeCarb ice cream?

What about those Keto shakes, anyone tried those, what would you say is the best flavor?

JoAnn
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 02:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/280/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi all you fellow Oregonians. I live in Lincoln City. Anyone else live on the coast?
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 205/197/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi to all !!! Just replying to the many emails. I live in Sherwood but work in Beaverton so I would be willing to get together some time. Might be fun. And in reply to the Atkins chocolate ice cream. Safeway, in Sherwood, only carries the vanilla and it is $4.99..where do you find your chocolate and how much? I also had the opportunity to hit a Lo Carb store in Vancouver while doing a dog show and it was awesome. Had a milkshake for $2.99 what a hit and the absolute best Cinnamon & Butter pork rinds.. seriously to die for .. I would make French toast from them if I had saved a bag.. (oops).. but they were so good. Only $2.99 for those.. About all I have to report.. if anyone wants to get together I'd be willing
See ya later
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 18:36

BF:

I bought my chocolate Atkins ice cream at Safeway for the same price. I am so happy to hear about the cinnamon pork rinds, I tried to make them and just didn't turn out.

I did make the gummy worms that I found on the snacks forum and they turned out really good. So now I went and ordered the jelly bean mold from Kraft and will make jelly bean out of same stuff. What a great snack.

JoAnn
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 12:38

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hey guys. i went out to lunch the other day and found a NEW LOW CARB STORE!!!

it is in a shopping plaza in clackamas. it is by sweet tomatoes, on 82nd ave by sunnyside rd. by the backyard/wild/some kinda bird store and costco.

i didn't go in it, but will check it out when i get a chance. if anybody would like some clearer directions let me know.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 00:17

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Never saw this thread before

There is a new store in Salem, on Broadway. The prices are pretty much as other low carb stores, and they have a good selection.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 00:28

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

Does anyone know of any lo-carb stores further south... Eugene to Medford or anywhere inbetween? There isnt much of anything here in Roseburg .. cept what the grocery stores carry

tracy
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 01:05

BF:

Jaderain,

How exciting that you are opening a store in Astoria, what a great place. I own a house in Seaside and go there quite often, as a matter of fact SIL & DD live in it. SIL is on Atkins and finds it hard to find the foods in Seaside, limited only to what Safeway has to offer. I see LC as a wave of the future and your store should be a big success.

JoAnn
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 00:51

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi..I'm new to this forum and this is my first post...and excited because I just found my first LC store! I'm in the mid-Willamette Valley, and just discovered the brand new, 3-week old LC store in Salem, Oregon... it's called LoBo's Low Carb World, and it's located at 1030 Broadway NE. If you want to visit, it's near Market Street...and not too far from downtown. I think they plan on having an official grand opening on July 25th...yay!!!!
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 09:06

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hi, I found the store on their opening day, how nice to have something so close ~ nice people also.

Also, since you are kind ofclose by to me, found Endulgence Ice Cream Cups at Roth's last night. The chocolate is good and didn't make me run to the BR the way the soft serve ice creams do at the low carb stores. Only 4 ECC per serving.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:45
Registered Member

Stats: 260/192/175 Female 5'7"
BF:?/41/35
Progress: 80%
Talking LECARB frozen dessert

HI, just wanted to tell you that the LeCarb frozen desserts are FABULOUS!!!!!!! RUN, do not walk to your nearest Walmart superstore to get some of these excellent ice cream flavors!!! My husband and I traveled to Wyoming this last week, a straight shot drive there, gruewling drive! but broke up the trip with stops at the Walmarts along the interstate! What a welcome treat we had eating the different flavors of LeCarb!!!! We tried them all! and a two cup carton is (mattering on the walmart) between $2.12 and $2.47. It is light and creamy and hasn't the bad side effect.......NO MALITOL! Here are the flavors..........Vanilla, Homemade Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Chocolate Almond (and it is just loaded with almond chunks), Cinnamon (this is my favorite), and Lemmon. They are all great! I would definately recomend taking a cooler with you and stocking up (most of the walmarts we stopped at were carrying foam cooler's and dry ice to keep it cool if you want to stock up! But a cooler from home works better. My mouth is watering, I think we're going to have to make a run up to Chehallis Wa, (nearest super walmart for us) and get a stock. When we got to our relatives in Wyoming, we took a road trip (2 hours from their house) to go and get 12 cartons so that we could share and have desert with the relatives.... they all loved it.... and in the process of our visit, we converted half the family into going low carb!!!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:23

Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hello from Oregon
It's good to see more people from our state! I agree on the Low-Carb Restaurant, with Atkins products selling so fast anymore, it would be nice to see a Atkins Restaurant chain like a McDonalds. If thats possible of course.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 14:31

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

I'm in Eugene. It's nice to see so many fellow Oregonians on here!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 04:42

Stats: 275/266/170 Female 68inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hey all

Yah to fellow Low Carbing Oregonians!!
This is my first day on this forum, and my 10th day on Atkins.
My parent's are both on the Atkins also, and they make many runs to the LowCarb store in Raleigh Hills.
I live in Aloha, and plan on heading out to the store after induction.
It's great to know about the LeCarb ice cream. I throw up everytime I eat anything with Manitol, so most Atkins foods are out for me, but I know there are lots of stuff to eat other than those, so I am super happy!!!

I would love to chat/post with fellow Oregon low carbers...so feel free to pm me or email me or what not. I am currently working night shift, so anybody awake at night, feel free to message me!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!
Amber
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:41
Registered Member

Stats: 260/192/175 Female 5'7"
BF:?/41/35
Progress: 80%
Talking Welcome buttercup!

Welcome Buttercup! I just love this way of eating. And yes there is lots of good things to eat, the malitol is a not so good thing to eat, so if you have problems with it..... that isn't a bad thing! There are lots of things for you to try later after you move off of induction... but for now making a mousse of heavy cream , cream cheese and a little SG (splenda) flavored syrup, all whipped up together! heaveny! yummmm!
I like to mix chocolate, peanutbutter and carmel syrup..........like a milkyway! This is awesome! Good luck and keep writing ! I 've just gone back on induction (took a couple months off, so time to get down to work again! ) I'll be putting in my progress and hope that you will log yours too!