Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/215/185
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile Hi NitroVixen

Hi Nitro, hey I live in Kirkland, what Safeways did you find them in? It would be great to find them I found some at Fred Meyer but it was only one kind I would like to try the Garlic and Herb kind. I will have to see if any Safeway by me have them. Hey also I have been wanting to get a local support group type thing going maybe we could all meet once a month or so to discuss cooking ideas etc... for us low-carbers, there have been a few locals that have been interested but we have not planned anything yet. Would you be interested in something like that?

Thanks,
Corey
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 22:09

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default Cool!

Hi Corey!

I go to the West Seattle Safeway right by Admiral Thriftway. (They are usually out of one or the other of either the whole wheat or garlic herb) Do you have any secret places you like to shop for LC stuff?
It's fun to hear from other Seattlites! I used to work in Kirkland at a custom car/chopper shop and we used to go pick up pizza & berry ice cream parfaits at Costco, this is of course pre LC! And I've noticed every time I go there people in the Costco Kirkland stare at you like they don't know you can see them!! It's the funniest thing I've ever seen!

totally off subject..
anyway,

let me know if you guys ever end up getting together, I'll definately try to make it if I can!

Sheri
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:02

Stats: 183/169/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Has anyone found these LA products in a store & not to send away for? They sound so good that I couldn't wait a week to get them!!!
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 16:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

There are a few "store" posts right here in this conversational thread... you might want to read through all the posts.

Enjoy!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 09:34
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I love the tortillas. I've tried the whole wheat and the garlic herb.

However, I can't lose with them, but I can maintain.

Beth
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Zone
Stats: 230/230/165
BF:50%
Progress: 0%
Talking Help Can You Freeze These?

Hello I need to know I just recieved these 3 packages can you freeze these please let me know, thanks
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 23:06

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Yes you can freeze them. I bought my tortillas at a health food store in Kansas City called Emerald Forest and they had them frozen already. I have since eaten most of them and they were wonderful!!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Zone
Stats: 230/230/165
BF:50%
Smile Thanks Vicky

Thanks for answering I thought maybe you could freeze them, so they are froze now, I have not tryed them yet but I hope they are good.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 15:50

Stats: 260/260/190 Male 6'
BF:
Arrow

I LOVE these! It has made me be able to have a "real" sandwich without having to deal with the low carb bread - I just cannot get used to the taste. I use them for tacos and for a tuna sandwich now and again. I buy them on the web at a site called lowcarboutlet
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 17:04

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Hi everyone!!

Just wanted to share the fact that there are some MUCH BETTER tortillas that are low carb recently hitting the market!! They are called Adios Carbs tortillas and they taste and feel just like regular flour tortillas!!!! they are a little higher carbs than la Tortilla factory at 6 grms per but if you are past induction they work!!

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT THEY TASTE PERFECT!!! I dare anyone to know the difference!!!

You can get them at synergydiet.com

Peace,
Tesia
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 17:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/211/134 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%

great, I love hearing of new products,

I actually prefer the wholewheat nuttiness of the La Tortilla LC to the regular tortillas,

the only thing I miss now are corn flavor ones

julienne, who lives in California and was weaned on Mexican food
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:54

Stats: 145/128.5/125
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Just tried them finally

I know that these tortillas have already been talked about by everyone, but I just tried them for the first time, and I have to say YAY! It was good! I had a breakfast taco and it was heaven. I got the green onion flavor (the only kind available where I found them at the time). I hope I can try the other flavors too.

By the way, for any other people from Austin, TX, I got them at GREAT HEALTH NUTRITION CENTER. You can look it up in a phone book. They are a low carb store!!!! all low carb products and supplements! This place is real find for low carbers in austin!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 14:58

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

I have to say, which was dissapointing to me because I love these so much.....I decided to do a hidden carb test and its actually 10 carbs per big tortilla!!! I was like.....ahhhh man!!!! Here all this time I thought I was eating only 5 net carbs.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Re: Hi everyone!!

Quote:
Originally posted by starchile
Just wanted to share the fact that there are some MUCH BETTER tortillas that are low carb recently hitting the market!! They are called Adios Carbs tortillas and they taste and feel just like regular flour tortillas!!!! they are a little higher carbs than la Tortilla factory at 6 grms per but if you are past induction they work!!

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT THEY TASTE PERFECT!!! I dare anyone to know the difference!!!

You can get them at synergydiet.com

Peace,
Tesia

Starchile, why don't you open a new thread with this new product name in the Subject line?
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 04:18

Stats: 190/160/140
BF:
Progress: 60%
Question Good Mail Order Source for La Tortilla

My local Trader Joe's does not carry La Tortilla's lo-carb tortillas. Can anyone suggest a good mail order or other source for these? Also, I am going to try some of the sugar-free ketchup. I hear Walton/Wilton? Farms is a fine choice. Any ideas where I can find it? Many thanks.